Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Up and running

Took this picture last Wednesday walking up the lane to my neighbors house.
All the snow is gone for now.

Nice to be back blogging again.
Got my new iMac a couple of days ago and have been trying to get used to a 
new computer.  It sure can be frustrating at times but I'm sure I'll get used to it
before long.

A warm morning at 48 degrees this morning and cloudy when I left at 7:20 but very
windy and the temperature got colder as the day went on.
Walked down the hill and up to town and I've planned out a nice town route to walk
before walking back home.

My walking friend Kathy was out earlier than usual so she was walking when I was
and we walked together for a while.

Walking down the main road not far from the turnoff to my road
I watched a car speeding down the road and right behind it a cop car
with flashing lights.  The car pulled over and got a ticket.

We've done a few puzzles while I've been on my break.
These first two were just 300 hundred pieces and we did each one in just
a couple of hours.  They were fun puzzles to do and were great interlocking ones.


This next one was 500 pieces and took us a couple of days.
Another fun one with great interlocking pieces.

Did some cleaning today and baked a
Yum Yum Cake.
Gave all the little ones I made away so this one is for us.
Baked it in a bundt pan.

There has been a heavy cloud cover all day and it never quite seemed
like the day ever got started before it got dark again.
Though the days have started to get a bit longer each day, where
I live it has only been on the sunset part of the day.
Sunrise has stayed at 7:37 for three days in a row now but
I think tomorrow the morning will start to get longer by a minute.

That's about it for this first day of the new year.
May 2019 be a good one for you,
with good health, happiness, and thankfulness,

A happy day to you.
happyone 

22 comments:

Tom said...

...great to see you back. When it comes to computers I;m not crazy about learning new things. That last puzzel would be puzzling to me!

Vee said...

Hi! That was quick. You must be doing something right to get back up and at'em so soon. I do love your puzzles...cute, charming scenes. Checked out your Yum-Yum Cake. Glad that you have that recipe from your grandmother. If one likes fruitcake I bet it tastes great.Today is the first day that I have noticed it being light longer. I am not the most observant person.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such a lovely snow scene where you walk! I love puzzles......but have not sat down to put one together in a while.
Wishing you a blessed and happy New Year!

ellen b. said...

Glad things are up and running. We noticed it being light just a tad longer today, too. A very Happy New Year to you!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Love the puzzles! I miss putting together puzzles. What a lovely snow scene. You have the prettiest place to walk around! Wishing you a blessed and happy New Year!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Good to hear from you again. I hope that new iMac will work well for you.

Carol W. said...

Happy Blessed New Year!

Ivy Green said...

Happy New Year, Happy One. Best wishes for 2019.

Lisa said...

Glad your back! breaking in a new computer can be frustrating for sure.
Happy New year
Lisa

Kerri Farley said...

Merry Christmas! Glad to see you back!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Welcome back. Happy New Year.

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

I'm glad to see you back too! Those are such pretty puzzles. Looks funny to see all the snow gone after seeing it so white and covering everything. It's beautiful both ways. Happy New Year!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, welcome back. I love the puzzles, very pretty. Happy New Year to you, I wish you all the best in 2019!

William Kendall said...

The puzzles are a welcome sight!

Happy New Year!

Dianna said...

I am glad you have your new computer so soon! That was fast service. The puzzles are adorable...just the kind I like...about life! I'm sure they helped to fill in a bit on these dreary type days we've been having of late.

Adam said...

Nice puzzle

Pom Pom said...

I'm glad you are up and running again, Karen!
The Yum Yum Cake sounds yum yum.

Rose said...

It is great to see you blogging again! Love your puzzles...I worked a 500 piece puzzle last week, and have started a 2000 piece one...I don't think I have ever done one with 2000.

We have yet to get even that much snow!

Debby Ray said...

I love those puzzles...such great reminders of life more simple! Enjoy your yummy Yum Yum Cake and Happy New Year!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you are blogging with your new computer! What a way to start the new year! Love the snowy scene....oh and longer days! Hugs!

M.K. said...

Your puzzles are so cute! I like that last one especially.

Lowcarb team member said...

Good to see you back :)

Loved your first photograph, and your puzzles look good.
Used your link and went over to see the Yum Yum Cake - looks good :)

Al the best Jan