Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 07, 2019

Work Begins

Left the usual time at 7:20 this morning on my morning walk.
It was 29 degrees and cloudy.
Sunrise is still 7:38.
Walked to town.
Passing by the cows here at one of Farmer Marvin's pastures.
Not such a great picture but it is the only one I took this morning.
I was walking past the parking lot where Kathy parks when she was just getting
to town so walked with her.

Didn't walk back home after my 6 miles but met Ken at the old house.
He brought breakfast and after we ate I changed into work clothes
and started right in on painting.

I had painted the kitchen cabinets white in the kitchen 
when we lived there, but only did the top ones.
Today Ken took the bottom cabinet doors and drawers off 
and I started painting.
Got half of them painted with 2 coats this morning.
They will be needing at least one more coat, maybe two. 
Also gave the frames the first coat.
After 3 hours of doing that I thought that was enough for one day.

While I did that Ken was down in the basement putting up a wall that
he had taken down for his trains.

At home after lunch I read and finished A Breath of Snow and Ashes.
It was very good.  
Looking forward to starting the next book in the series,
but first have a few others lined up.

It's been a few weeks now that we haven't been to Brenda's for half price
pizza so it was nice to start that again this evening. 🍕

Before going to Brenda's we stopped at the library
to return a book and pick up a couple of others. 📖

This evening I'll start a new book and make some weave-it squares.
We've been watching Little House on the Prairie series on Netflix
and will watch another episode of that too.

Hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone  ❤️

17 comments:

Tom said...

...you never seem to run of projects!

Rose said...

There is always something to do...but I worked on my puzzle when we got home from getting Roger's allergy shot. Once I get it done, I doubt that I start another one. At least not for a while.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Karen - I was wondering what you were doing with your "old" house. Are you planning to sell it? We are also moving and will soon be selling the house we are living in right now. Our target date is to be moved out by Feb. 1 - then we will be like you - working to get this place ready to sell. I hope things turn out well and that you are able to sell quickly for a good price, if that is your goal. I will have to go back and see if I can find some pictures of your new place. You have a nice day! See you again soon.

Adam said...

Good thing you saw them before they mooved away.

happyone said...

We put our house on the market back in July and after 6 months took it off the market. We are painting the whole inside of the house to give it a fresh clean look and then will try selling it again with a different realtor.
The one we had didn't do a thing and was not at all reliable.

Sandi said...

"Little House on the Prairie"

I love that show!

William Kendall said...

You really do quite a lot in a day!

Dianna said...

Those cabinets are going to be so nice, Karen, with having the bottom ones painted also. You and Ken had quite a productive day!

Vee said...

Three hours is plenty to paint! 🙂 I notice that the snow is gone. Hope that you enjoyed your pizza!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I do hope that all the work you are putting into that house will result in a quick sale, once it's back on the market.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have been busy, have you not?

God bless.

Debby Ray said...

What a job it is to paint the kitchen cabinets but then they looks so nice when all completed. I'd say 3 hours was enough too! :) So, I know you started reading the Little House books. Did you watch the series on TV back in the 70s as well? I never get tired of them and I still DVR the everyday and watch them again. It sure would be nice if someone created shows like that these days wouldn't it? Have a great day!

Lisa said...

Sometimes I think your days are longer than mine.
Lisa

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a good productive day … so pleasing :)

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

I wish we had a half-price day at our favourite pizza place!

happyone said...

I watched some of the Little House shoes back in the 70's but not a lot of them. I have a couple more of the books to read.
Yes, it would be nice have shows like that now. Maybe then I'd watch television again.

o2bhiking said...

Y'all stay busy! I hope that the old house comes out liking shiny and new. I assume that you are preparing it for sale.