Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Heavenly Sunlight

This is one of the hymns we sang at church this morning.
Seemed appropriate while outside it was a snowy winter morning.  🌨

🎼  Heavenly Sunlight  🎼

Henry J Zelley
George H Cook

Walking in sunlight all of my journey,
Over the mountains, thru the deep vale.
Jesus has said, I'll never forsake thee -
Promise divine that never can fail.

Shadows a round me, shadows above me,
Never conceal my Saviour and Guide;
He is the Light, in Him is no darkness -
Ever I'm walking close to His side.

In th bright sunlight, ever rejoicing,
Pressing my way to mansions above,
Singing His praises, gladly I'm walking -
Walking in sunlight, sunlight of love.

Refrain
Heavenly sunlight, heavenly sunlight,
Flooding my soul with glory divine;
Hallelujah! I am rejoicing,
Singing His praises,
Jesus is mine.

Proverbs 13:9
The light of the righteous rejoice:
But the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.

Many of you might be wondering if we finished the puzzle last night.
Yes, we did.  
The last piece went in a couple of minutes before 1:00.

I forgot to mention the other day how many Romans books we assembled
last Thursday on Fingerprint day.
Total was 6,853
Our goal was 5,000.
Goal for the year is 60,000, we got a terrific start with it.

Thought you might be interested in how many blankets the women of the
church made in 2018.
Total was 274

A Blessed Sunday to you.
Jesus Loves You.
happyone  ❤️

Comment Replies:
Tom - Actually Ken did take a video of his trains.  This video is of the layout at the old house.

Eileen - No, no contract on the house.  We took it off the market after 6 months which was at the end of November.  Will put it back on the market once we get finished painting.  Will be using another realtor.

Vee - Yes, we were both ready to be finished with this puzzle.  It was a difficult one to do.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...sunshine certainly makes a difference.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I agree...I love the sunshine! We are having a rainy day today though and since it is much needed, I'm glad! That's a beautiful puzzle and you sure have accomplished a lot with your church too. Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs!

William Kendall said...

Well done on the puzzle!

Inger said...

That's some puzzle you finished. Just beautiful. Your church is doing so many good things for the community. It must be inspiring to belong there.

Adam said...

Nice puzzle

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love that old song.You had me singing it.It has been snowing here all day as well.

Vee said...

It sure looks as if it would be challenging. Glad that you got it done.

Rose said...

I am glad you did show the puzzle..I am always curious about what others work. And you done answered my next question...I thought it looked difficult and you say it was.

That's a beautiful hymn!

Anonymous said...

Watched your train video - fantastic - my Father was a Locomotive Engineer for 35 years - 1950 thru 1985 - He loved it and the stories he would tell - Your layout is awesome - My husband is working on a lego town with a train - it is SO much work - a shared hobby - we've been working on it for years. the amount of detail is daunting .. but with each new addition to our layout it is so exciting and we can't wait for the next project - living here in Wisconsin, you need a lot of hobbies in the winter and our town and puzzles keep us busy until we can start gardening in he Spring..The train layout takes up a LOT of room and thank God for basements. Really enjoy your blog - I think you are quite wonderful. Mary Ellen

Hill Top Post said...

This puzzle is gorgeous! It would be hard for me to take it apart. It does look really good on that pretty table. I loved watching the train video...just awesome! This old hymn is so beautiful; a favorite from my childhood days.

Onneli Winter said...

Sunday was here in Finland wonderfull sunny winterday. I did try to make frozen soapballs :) you can see those in my blog. To day its very windy, so different day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the puzzle and thanks for the answer to my question. You and your church have done many wonderful things. Have a happy day and a great new week ahead!

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, I love to see the sunshine.
Well done finishing the puzzle.

All the best Jan

M.K. said...

Thank you so much for reminding me of that precious old hymn! We do have a very nice hymnal at our church, but it doesn't have everything, and it seems to lack many of the old favorites. Heavenly Sunlight is one of them - I haven't heard it in years! And I know our congregation would LOVE to sing it again :) I'll find it in one of my other hymnals, and use it this Sunday. Thanks so much! And your puzzle looks great. My husband and I are amazed that you can stay up that late. We are yawning at 9:00 :)

ellen b. said...

Now you have me singing...