Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Pop Up comments

And winter continues here.
Another day walking in the basement.
I did go outside in the afternoon to get the mail and walked
up and down the road just to get some fresh air.
Took this picture of my house walking up the driveway.
We've been home all day.
Made some Macaroni Salad this morning to go with the 
hamburgers we had for supper.

Worked on the border some more on the cross stitch
and should be done in the next few days.
It is time consuming and always takes longer than I anticipate.

Hung up some more old cutter cutters and a few kitchen tools.
This latest puzzle we are working on is a bit of a challenge.
It is Noah's Ark and has 1000 pieces.
This is what we have done so far.
The snow now has some frozen rain mixed in and I can hear it
on the window.

Sure thankful for a nice warm house.

This evening I plan to 
read,
watch Netflix 
and make some weave-it squares. 
(finishing up the latest baby blanket)
 Oh yes, and have some ice cream.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  ❤️ 

I've gone back to the pop up window for comments because it seems some people are not able to leave comments when they are embedded.
Once again I will leave replies to comments on the following post.

17 comments:

Rose said...

I really like the popup window best anyway...but I know I have found disadvantages to it, but I cannot remember what they are. I love the old mixers and cutters. Seeing your puzzle makes it even harder to resist starting another one.

Tom said...

...today was no day to be out and tomorrow doesn't look much better. Lucky that you have a big table for your puzzle. Stay warm.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like the pop up comments too! Thanks! We watched the weather channel tonight and it sure looks like you are in for a winter storm. I know you are prepared but I hope it's not as bad as they think. Take care and stay warm! Sweet hugs, Diane

Sandi said...

What did you watch on Netflix?

Ruth Hiebert said...

The snowy scene looks so peaceful. Enjoy working on that puzzle.

Granny Marigold said...

I enlarged the picture of Noah's Ark puzzle and I can see why it is a challenge but also see how colourful and detailed it is.
We got our walk in this morning before the wind and rain began. Mild temps but not pleasant to be out there.

Lisa said...

I love the cookie cutters hanging. What a cure idea.
Lisa

Hill Top Post said...

I think this puzzle may be my favorite yet. What a fun thing to work on when it's cold and snowy outside. Your snow is looking quite deep now. When we were kids we used to make snow ice cream, but that was when the earth was a cleaner place, I think.

Adam said...

That's a big puzzle

William Kendall said...

You do look snowed in.

Vee said...

This is the pop-up window? I know that I’ve had troubles with it in the past, but maybe it has righted around and the other way is the problem. So many are complaining about losing comments, which certainly is an annoyance. Winter here as well and I am needing to get out ahead of the plow man and clean up some. Macaroni salad in winter? What a nice idea... Think this will be my supper along with crockpot chicken.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your place looks pretty with the snow around. I like your border, the colors is pretty. It will be cold tonight into tomorrow, I am thankful for a good warm house too. Have a great day and happy new week ahead.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! That puzzle does look big.

All the best Jan

Retired Knitter said...

I had such a terrible time with Embedded Comments on blogs - it got so bad that I was totally blocked, finding myself actually bumped out of the system. I am so grateful that many of the blogs I follow have switched over to Pop Up Comments. One way to respond to comments on your own blog is to answer in the next posting - like Karen, but another blogger just posts a comment on her own blog at the end of the visitors comments and responds to all the individuals. If individuals are interested in a response, they should check the Email Follow-up Comments box and they will get an email when she posts her responses. I will probably do it that way.

I just wish Blogger would fix whatever is going on. It is happening to too many people for it be one person's problem.

Thank you Karen..

ellen b. said...

You built yourselves a fine house!

Henny Penny said...

Your house is so pretty sitting way up there on the hill!

o2bhiking said...

I'm impressed you can do that basement walking!!! Your home is so beautiful. I hope you will both have much happiness there together. The puzzle reminds me that we are overdue to work on another puzzle. I am not up to the 1,000 piece ones. Maybe 10 pieces?