Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 18, 2019

Floor Oulet

There seems to be no end to this weather.
About now all of us must be lacking in vitamin D.
Another walking in the basement day.
A look from the front of the house.
A look out the back of the house.
When our house was built the electrician put the wiring in 
for an outlet in the floor in the living room.  
We weren't sure where exactly where we wanted it and told him we would
finish it when we decided where to put it.
Today Ken put the outlet between our two chairs so we could put
a lamp there without having to run a cord across the room.
He cut a hole in the floor.  
I'm looking through the hole here down to the basement taking the picture.
The hole looks big from the picture but it is just a little one, the size
of an outlet cover.
There's the outlet and it works just fine.
 We went down to the Shop and Save to pick up a few things.  
Wanted to see how the roads were.  
Once we got down to the main road they were fine.

Started working on the border around the quote
I'm making for my friend.  The border is black and blue
and just a simple cross stitch.

Not much happening today but still it was a good one.
Life is Good
happyone  ❤️

19 comments:

Rose said...

those views make one thankful for a warm, safe home! But they are still so beautiful...always looks quiet in photos like these.

My husbands grandmother had and outlet or two in the floor and they are so convenient.

Rose said...

Also, still no sun here, either! I cannot think how many days without sun we have had, but I sure am ready for some.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Glad the roads are fine. I don't like it when you have to white knockle when you drive.
Coffee is on

Tom said...

...we are to get your weather late Saturday. I haven't seen the sun in a while either.

Retired Knitter said...

YEAH!!!!! Success !! I can finally comment here - the website knows I am logged into my Google Account AND I can ignore the robot box. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You are so darn lucky to have a husband who is SO handy. Love the view from your windows.

Dianna said...

Your outdoor pictures are something! I'm guessing it is safe to say that winter is here to stay for a while now. :)

Ken did a nice job on the outlet.

Nawm D Gerr said...

Yes, ditto on the comment about having a handy husband! Looks great!

Happy@Home said...

It is looking very wintery in your area. It sounds like you chose a perfect location for your floor outlet.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like you are being dumped on with snow. It makes for great pictures.

Hill Top Post said...

I love the snowy pictures out your front windows. I can picture you inside all warm and cozy and happy that you have a basement to walk in. I hope we have an ample supply of Vitamin D stored up for it has definitely been a cloudy and damp January here. We might see a bit of snow tomorrow.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you do have lots more snow than we have here. I think this today we will have some more snow and then it gets really cold. It is great Ken is so handy. Stay warm and have a great weekend!

Aritha V. said...

That is really winter! Wish I could give you a little sunshine! But I love to read about your life and how handy Ken is.

Adam said...

Old man winter isn't playing around there.

William Kendall said...

The snow is a welcome sight to my eyes.

ellen b. said...

Looks like you are in the thick of winter for sure. Love that idea about an outlet in the floor like that. It's nice that you could finish it after the fact and find the best spot for it. We could use one of those in our family room. :) Happy weekend to you!

CountryMum said...

Oh wow!! Such a contrast from our heat. Having never seen that much snow it is hard for me to imagine how very cold it must be.

Lowcarb team member said...

Brrr
That is definitely winter!

Stay warm :)

All the best Jan

M.K. said...

We're about to head into a cold snap too. Looks like y'all are keeping busy inside during this long, snowy winter. The floor outlet is great - those are such a good idea!

Henny Penny said...

It looks so cold and snowy there. I love that fence! I've always loved fences and you sure have some pretty ones.