Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Outside Walking

19 degrees this morning and cloudy.
Waited till 7:15 when it was light enough and then went outside to walk.
No walk to town though because the streets to get there have
icy patches and the sidewalks in town are a mess because
only a couple of people clear them.
But I did have a great walk around the neighborhood and up
and down the lane a few times.
Up at the end of the lane is where my friend and neighbor 
Theresa lives.  
First time walking up the lane 5 deer ran across from one side of the
woods to the other.  They didn't jump the fence but ducked under it.
You can see the fence in the first picture.  Amazing to watch them
run, duck under the fence and keep running.
(and it wasn't under the part of the fence that is broken)
You wouldn't think they'd fit under it!
Saw one more deer do the same thing on the second pass and
the third pass I stopped to listen to how quiet it was in the woods
and heard a woodpecker.  Sounded loud in the quietness.
⛄️     ⛄️
Ken had made some of those cherry danishes again for breakfast
and had them waiting when I got back home.
Another morning working at the old house.
We traded jobs today.
I went down in the basement and painted and he worked on
the kitchen cabinets. He has started on the other side of the room.
This afternoon I finished reading These Happy Golden Years of
the Little House books.
Kind of sad that they have come to an end.
I sure did enjoy reading them.
There is one more book,
The First Four Years about Laura and Almanzo.
Not that many pages in it and I should be able to finish it later this evening.

Worked just a little bit on the cross stitch
and then it was time to get supper ready.
Made Tuna Casserole.
I say tuna but I use canned chicken.
Our sons favorite meal and I think of him every time
I make it.  Funny that he called this evening as I was making it. 

Never did see the sun today but still it was a good day
and when the sun DOES make an appearance oh how happy we will be. 😊
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone ❤️

15 comments:

Tom said...

...my eight year old granddaughter is reading the Little House series. We are taking her to Malone, NY to see Almanzo's family farm this summer.

William Kendall said...

The trees remind me of hoarfrost.

Dianna said...

The snow pictures are so pretty. Do you think Ken could send some of those cherry turnovers over this way? They sound so good!

Rose said...

I never would have dreamed that deer would duck under a fence...so glad you witnessed it to tell us about it. The sun remained in hiding here, too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your last line of the post, Life is Good reminds me of a song. Life is good cause God,life is good cause I'm His.Love that fence picture.The fence just draws the eye in.

Granny Marigold said...

Isn't that strange, that your son 'just happened' to call while you were making that tuna casserole. That dish was my oldest son's favourite when he lived at home.
Love those snow pictures and that snowy fence.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos. But very cold I guess. Take care.

God bless.

Vee said...

Sad is how I feel when a favorite book or series comes to an end. However, favorite books are reread quite often because great comfort can be taken in the familiar. That is wild about the deer going beneath the fence. Who would ever have guessed that?! Cherry Danishes sure sound good. That Ken! He knows how to create a happy morning. Of course, you are Happyone and know how to be content in all things. ☺️

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love your pretty snowy scenes and photos. I always enjoy seeing the deer. The danish sound yummy. we had a little snow here, more to come this weekend. Maybe? Enjoy your day and week ahead.

Inger said...

I love your snowy pictures, the trees with their bare branches are so gorgeous.

Lisa said...

You always have something good cooking up in the kitchen. Proof that all that walking will work off the calories. hahahaha.
The snow looks quiet and peaceful.
Lisa

ellen b. said...

How interesting to see the deer and how agile they are. Brrr...that's a cold walk. Do you cover part of your face to protect it from the cold? It is wonderful when the sun finally breaks through!

Adam said...

Is the sun hiding from us or we from it?

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see your snowy photographs.

All the best Jan

happyone said...

On those extra cold days I have a ski mask to wear. It works well.