Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 14, 2019

Making a Snow Angel

⛄️     ⛄️
Once again my morning walk was loops around the basement track.

After breakfast we were back at the old house working again.
One side of the kitchen cabinets are now done.
The other side just has a few cabinets so the kitchen should be done very soon now.

Ken started painting down in the basement.
It already looks a lot brighter down there and more welcoming.

I wiped down all the baseboards and put some scratch cover on 
the places where needed in the TV room, living room and dining room.
By the time 12:30 rolled around I was ready to go back home!!

No sun today but no snow either.  By afternoon it was in the low 20's
and I went outside and did some snow shoveling.
Hard to shovel snow on stones.
Walked around a bit and then made a snow angel.
Ken took these pictures.
Hard part is getting up without ruining the angel.
The Snow Angel
Monday and half price pizza at Brenda's but we decided to stay home
and make our own pizza.

Finished reading Plowed Over by Ellen Ann Callahan.
It was her second book of a series.
This one was OK but I thought the first book was a lot better 
than this second one.
What I liked about it, is that the author lives here in the area and
it was fun to read about places I know.
She even mentioned eating at Brenda's sitting by the window
overlooking the lake.

Well that's it for today.
The sun is supposed to come out tomorrow.
Won't that be nice!!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

 Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

20 comments:

Vee said...

That would be fun to read a book set in your own community. Your snow angel came out beautifully!

William Kendall said...

I haven't done a snow angel since I was a kid. Those first two shots are quite moody.

Granny Marigold said...

I love the snow pictures. And the snow angel!!

Tom said...

...what a hardy soul you are making snow angels. It was so cold here today I just wanted to stay in.

Dianna said...

You did a super good job with that snow angel...and getting up without messing it up! I'm going to have to look up this author that you have been reading...especially since she is from that area. Thanks for mentioning that.

Hill Top Post said...

I do believe you can get more out of a day than anyone I know! Well, there's still no snow angels here, but there is a mention of snow coming in with the next storm on Saturday. In the meantime some sunshine and warmer temps will be nice. Your snow pictures are beautiful.

Carol W. said...

Love the snow angel; glad you had so much fun! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Aritha V. said...

Haha, that's pretty. Thank you for showing it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Very cold for snow angels. I shall invent a plastic mould for people to place on the snow. Much quicker. Less cold.

God bless.

Sandi said...


Lovely bright green against the snowy background!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Look at that snow angel! WOW! I love it! Should I make a sand angel? heehee! Enjoy your day. I hope the sun comes out and warms things some! Hugs!

Lisa said...

Love the snow angel! so fun!
Lisa

Henny Penny said...

You made a really good snow angel! It looks so cold there. I've been waiting for the sun to come out too. I don't remember ever in my life having so much rain and so many cloudy days. We got more than inch of rain again Sunday. I've been working on the fence this morning! :)

Angie said...

I love it when adults are in touch with their inner child, and no better way to show it than by making not one but two snow angels! Have a great week!

happyone said...

But not as much fun. :)

happyone said...

I say go for it!! :)

Pom Pom said...

Well done! Brrrrrrr!

Rose said...

That is a terrific snow angel! I so love the photos...I forget to tell you half the time, and I am sorry about that cause I do enjoy them.

I want to check the library for that author if I can remember. But I have so much to read I don't know why I look. That book I just finished, The Elephant Whisperer was sooo good. Now books about elephants keep popping up in different ads/

ellen b. said...

That is one great snow angel! Love it. Thanks to Ken for photographing it!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your snow angel turned out beautifully :)

All the best Jan