Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

A quiet day

I walked a mile down in the basement waiting for it to
get light enough to walk outside.
Then I went outside and walked up and down the lane a few times.
It was 20 degrees with a very light freezing mist in the air.
Saw three deer this morning run across the lane again and duck 
under the fence.  Must have been the same ones from yesterday
because they followed the exact same path.

Don't see any people at all walking the lane.
By the time I got home my coat was covered in a light layer of ice.
🦌     🦌     🦌
No work at the old house today.  Took a day off to get some house
work done.

Once again this afternoon I read and worked on the
counted cross stitch project.
I have half of the words of the saying done now.

Another day of no sun and a few snow showers.

 Off to church in a few minutes.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  ❤️

16 comments:

Adam said...

Does look pretty cold.

William Kendall said...

That is quite a moody shot.

Dianna said...

Be careful out there. We've had sleet and a bit of snow late in the afternoon.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! Brrrrr! It sounds cold!

Michelle said...

Be careful in that ice!

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are certainly braver or more committed to the walking than I am. Love the frosty scene.

Tom said...

...what a pretty seen, we are waiting for a big storm to hit us this weekend.

Lowcarb team member said...

Brrr it does look cold and wintry.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

My basement is too full of stuff to walk in! That is a beautiful photo...

Granny Marigold said...

It was a quiet day here too. Quiet and relaxing. I got a notification from the library that a book I requested is in. I don't even remember requesting it.

Lisa said...

I bet you can clearly see the deer in the white snow. So pretty.
Lisa

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty snowy winter scene on your drive. I will walk on my treadmill while it is cold and snow on the ground. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's a beautiful scene...but oh so cold to walk in. I know you bundle up though and have the right coat and shoes. I waited until it was 60 to go out yesterday...I'm a wimp! I know! I haven't seen deer in over a week now, I wonder where ours went! Did they go North? heehee Hugs!

ellen b. said...

We have snow falling lightly today. Looking out at a similar scene that your photo shows. Snow scenes are pretty to look at for sure! Enjoy your day.

Henny Penny said...

Seems to me like just about everyone has had more than usual, cloudy days with rain or snow. I would love to have your determination and will-power. I worked on the fence again today.

happyone said...

My husband has made me walking loop around his train layout. It sure comes in handy.