Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 17, 2019

No Cavities

More of the same weather and I got my walking done in the basement.
I worked quite a while on the cross stitch project for my friend.
I sat at the table in our office working on it and listening to an
audio book, Low Pressure by Sandra Brown.
This is the view sitting at the table working.
As you can see snow is falling.
I've finished the saying on the project and now will work on a 
simple border around the words.
It was Baby Blanket day at church today but I didn't get to go.
We were supposed to go to the dentist tomorrow but they
called to say the office would be closed on Friday and would we
like to come in today.
So we figured we would go and get that over and done with today.
Sure is nice to have that over with.
It was just a cleaning and I'm happy that we both can say,
"Yay, no cavities." 🦷
We each got a little goodie bag.
After our appointments we went to Annie's Kitchen here in town
and had lunch.
 Stopped at the library too and picked up the next book
club meeting book, aptly titled In the Midst of Winter.

So that's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  ❤️

24 comments:

Tom said...

...your goodie bags looks identical to the one I get from my dentist. No cavities is a good thing.

Vee said...

👍🏼

My dentist doesn’t give me any goodie bags. 🙃

Are you expecting a big freezing rain event this weekend?

William Kendall said...

It does look brooding out there.

Rose said...

Still no sun here! I was hoping the weatherman would be wrong.

That saying sure makes one think!

Who is the author of the book...just curious.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the words on that cross-stitch.

eileeninmd said...

Yea for no cavities! We had some more snow overnight, just a dusting. I love the quote on the cross stitch! Enjoy your day and have a happy weekend.

Lisa said...

I dread going to the dentist. My teeth are bad and not matter how well I keep them up, They always find something wrong.
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The last time I met the dentist he nearly killed me. I was driving down the lane and he drove at me fast on the wrong side of the road. He is no good when it is snowing.

God bless.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The last time I went to the dentist he fell into my mouth.

God bless.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The last time I went to the dentist he said, "If I had teeth like these I would not put them in my mouth".

God bless.

Dianna said...

You have a beautiful view from the table in the office, Karen. I didn't realize that you collect paper weights. So do I! My collection has come to a stop though unless there is something extra and I do mean extra-ordinary about it. :) Your counted cross-stitch is very nice. I'll look forward to seeing the completed project. :)

happyone said...

Actually the name of the book is In the Midst of Winter and the author is Isabell Allende. (I've corrected the title in the post)

happyone said...

Do you use a water pic? That makes such a huge difference!!

happyone said...

Yes we are.

Carol W. said...

Lisa, I have had the same problem with my teeth since college days (a long, long time). I dread the dentist!

Carol W. said...

I love the view from your window. It's going to be a lovely view in Spring. Counted cross-stitch ... I used to do it, but don't have the patience anymore. Have a blessed day!

ellen b. said...

Congrats on no cavities. It made me remember that old commercial...Look ma, no cavities!

Adam said...

Mine is due at Feb 1, fingers crossed.

Inger said...

You guys were so smart to install that basement track. And your picture out the window is lovely. Good that your teeth are OK.

happyone said...

Yes, I remember Jodi Foster in one of them when she was just a kid.

happyone said...

Most of the paper weights were my mother in laws.

Granny Marigold said...

Such a lovely view from your window!!

Aritha V. said...

Love the stuff and plant on you windowsill.

Lowcarb team member said...

Yay, for no cavities..

All the best Jan