Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 01, 2018

Our little tree

35 degrees this morning, windy, some fog and looked like it would rain
any moment.  Left a couple of minutes after 7 and
 headed out to the main road again and toward town.
Walked up to the cemetery at the top of the hill and then
down to the Drane house.  A couple of people were there setting
up the cookies for the sale.
I stopped in and asked if they needed any help setting up the cookies.
They said yes, please, and thank you. 
So I stayed and helped.
So many delicious looking and smelling cookies.  Very hard not to eat
any especially being hungry and not having had breakfast yet.
Cookies go on sale at 9 and people where already there at 8:30
waiting.  We were still setting up so they just had to wait.
I stayed 45 minutes and then walked back home.
 The rain held off until I was back home in the house.

With the warm weather and the rain all our snow is gone.
I wish the rain was snow.  
Rain is just dreary, snow is bright, fun and pretty.

It will just be Ken and I for Christmas so we didn't bother with a
tree this year, just this little one with lights.
We like it and it is bright and cheerful there in the corner on the table.
We put lights up around the mantel too.
Outside on the front porch we put a string of blue lights out.

Stayed home again today.
Got some reading done and worked on knitting slippers for
my basket of slippers.  I have 2 pair done so far.

It's been a good day.
happyone 💕

"Christmas is not as much about opening our presents
as opening our hearts."
~ J L W Brooks

18 comments:

Tom said...

...yep, that's a might little tree.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your tree :)

Happy December Wishes

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your little tree is cute.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like your pretty tree and little village! It looks so nice and cheery. And how nice of you to help with the cookies. I took the day off from walking today. It was rainy and I had a long hike yesterday. It's funny though...doesn't seem right to take a day off any more! Enjoy your evening!

Carol W. said...

My kind of tree -- easy to put up and easy to take down ... or leave up! I love your little village in front of your tree! And, oh those cookies look so good!

Pom Pom said...

Your little tree is beautiful! How nice that you were just the elf they needed to help set up for the cookie sale.

Darwin Girl said...

The Christmas lights are lovely.

Granny Marigold said...

I like your little corner with the tree, the lights, and the little houses. It's just right.

Adam said...

That's a lot of cookies

Lisa said...

That is a cute little tree and its perfect!
Lisa

Hill Top Post said...

What a lot of wonderful and delicious-looking cookies! Really how could you resist eating one or two?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the quote. Your little tree is perfect to me, I love it. Your mantle looks festive too. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Vee said...

How good that you offered to help. A real blessing for those cookie ladies. Did you make any purchases? Those chocolate ones are calling my name.My sister had baked some “brownie” cookies yesterday when I was visiting and so I couldn’t resist having one.Your Christmas tree and lights look very cheery and bright! It is good to read by the tree.

Farm Girl said...

Your house is so pretty. I love all of the lights. I hope you have a lovely day.I am visiting from Pom Pom.

William Kendall said...

I do like your decorations! Those cookies look tasty.

happyone said...

we were only allowed to eat the broken ones and not one of them was broken. : )

happyone said...

It was hard, but no I didn't buy any. : )

ellen b. said...

Perfect décor for the two of you! I can see why people line up for that sale!