Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 30, 2018

Rag Curtain

When I left the house this morning it was 38 degrees and a bit foggy.
Felt warm after those cold blistery days.
Walked down to the main road
and up the road to town.
Walked through town to the old house (still not sold) and then 
walked back home.

Pretty quiet around town.  
Saw the usual people who wave to me when I walk.
On the way out of town a light drizzle started and lasted for
the rest of my walk.
At least it wasn't icy and I got to have my walk outside.
πŸŽ„     πŸŽ„     πŸŽ„
 Yesterday morning we made our driveway passable and then
went to church for Fingerprint day working on assembling
the book of Roman's in Spanish.
We worked from 9 - 3.
We got 3479 assembled, stapled, cut, and ready to ship 
which is quite a lot for the day considering we only had a dozen 
of us throughout the day working. 
πŸŽ„     πŸŽ„     πŸŽ„ 
Today was the day that the Welsh Cookies I baked got dropped off
down in town at the town hall for the cookie sale 
at the Drane house tomorrow.
The sale is from 9 - 2 but the cookies are usually gone by noon.
These are the cookies that have been dropped off so far
and many more were dropped off later.
My Welsh cookies are on the bottom right.
 This afternoon I made Rag Curtains for the bathroom window.
Very easy and quick to do with no sewing involved.
Had some old curtains and cut off the hem and curtain rod pocket.
Then put small cuts in the material
and ripped.
Then just put them over the curtain rod and tied a half knot.
I'm going to make another one for the bedroom closet window and maybe
in the bedroom too.

It's been a foggy drizzly day again but having a good day
around home.

Hope your day has been a good one.
happyone  πŸ’•

23 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I've never heard of rag curtains. Interesting. I'm more of a lace curtain person myself though.

Joyful said...

It sounds like you've had a very productive day. I like the idea of the cookie sale. I love cookies but seldom feel like baking them myself :-)

Tom said...

...the first image is a winner and the curtains are a winner too! Even I could do that.

Sandi said...

Your closet has a window?? Fancy! :)

Vee said...

Never have heard of rag curtains, but it turned out cute. Excellent recycling. Lot of books put together! Wish I were there to go to the cookie sale. I'd buy those Welsh cookies in a flash. I don't trust my baking very much these days. ☺

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I've not heard or seen curtains like that, but I love them!

Hill Top Post said...

Isn't it Emmylou Harris who sings, "That old highway rolls on forever?" I wonder if you ever think that when walking that highway. Probably not! :~) I agree with Vee. I would snatch those Welsh cookies up in a heartbeat! I also love your rag curtains. I will remember these when I make curtains for my little shanty.

Nawm D Gerr said...

I hope and pray for your house to sell! Cute curtains!

Lisa said...

All those sweets look so good! You have really been busy! I love the rag curtains! They are darling.
Lisa

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you had a busy day. The cookies look awesome. I love your curtains, very pretty. Enjoy your day and weekend.

Aritha V. said...

I love the idea of rag curtains. It is Bohemian Hippie. Great. Your first photo is so beautiful!

Pom Pom said...

I love your rag curtains. They look GOOD! I put you on the list for blogging every day in December.

Adam said...

Hopefully someone will get your old house soon.

William Kendall said...

I do like those curtains.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your curtains look so wonderful with a welcoming charm! Love the snowy area on your walk! Here in Texas the wind is blowing dirt. A good day to stay inside and stitch!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such a pretty place to walk no matter what the weather! Those cookies look so good! Love your pretty curtains!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I love your curtains and I love your Welsh cookies. I make them by a family recipe and I need to get busy!

Inger said...

I never hear of those kind of curtains, they look great.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That curtain is clever. You'll need to show us how it is done.

God bless.

happyone said...

I did. Look at the picture above the curtain one. : )

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs.
I do like your curtain, must confess I'd not come across the term 'rag curtain' before.

All the best Jan

Debby Ray said...

How cute is that curtain?!

ellen b. said...

Love that rag curtain! I'd buy some cookies for sure!