Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 14, 2018

My neighbors, the cows


Stayed up late last night finishing the latest puzzle.
We liked doing this puzzle and the pieces are
wood, not cardboard.
 Didn't wake up at my usual time because of going to bed late
and didn't get outside early for my walk.
We had planned on going to Uniontown for the day and leaving
right after breakfast but we ended up staying home.
So I took a mid morning walk instead.
It was 32 degrees and cloudy.
Stayed dreary and cloudy all day long and we had some rain 
late in the day.
Didn't walk to town but stayed around home.

Walked up and down the lane and then walked up
my neighbor Dale's long driveway.
 Walked in woods at Happy Trails too.
Some of my friendly neighbor cows.
 They were the only animals I saw.
Very quiet in the woods, didn't see any deer or even a squirrel.
Enjoy walking in the woods.  It was very still and so peaceful.
I just can't get over that we live here in the woods.
How blessed we are.

Had a pretty quiet day around home.
Just did the basic every day chores and then
knitted and read.

 Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

"It came without ribbons!
It came without tags!
I came without packages, boxes or bags!
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
Maybe Christmas, he thought doesn't come from a store.
Maybe Christmas...perhaps...
means a little bit more!"
~ Dr Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas

23 comments:

Adam said...

Nice puzzle

Tom said...

...nice neighbors!

Rose said...

What nice neighbor cows you have! At least they don't have a dog that barks all night!

I like the puzzle...I was wondering what it was of....

Granny Marigold said...

When we do a jigsaw puzzle we like the ones like yours, with lots of detail. I think the artist we liked was Charles Wysocki.

Dianna said...

Your day sounds wonderful...even if the weather was dreary. It was like that here today as well. That puzzle is just beautiful!

Nawm D Gerr said...

Sounds l I'll ke a nice day! I am do in ng that tomorrow!

Sandi said...

"How blessed we are."

:)

So true!

Ruth Hiebert said...

A walk in the woods sounds wonderful. My hubby and I used to do that.

Hill Top Post said...

You do have some lovely country lanes to walk. I also feel blessed to live in the woods. The puzzle turned out beautifully. Will you now take it apart?

Small Kucing said...

I used to love puzzle. too bad now my eye sight is not as good anymore.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

So glad you finished the jigsaw puzzle. Did you find an extra piece at the end; because I am missing one from my puzzle.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the puzzle is pretty. I love the last shot of the cows, they are cute. You do have a pretty place to walk. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend.

Vee said...

Oh yes, you two definitely “Took to the Woods.” ☺️ What pleasant paths you have for walking. That puzzle must have been so enjoyable for its many points of interest. Have a wonderful weekend!

William Kendall said...

Your view of the woods is my favourite of these shots.

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

nice place to live to.
have a great day

happyone said...

It's already taken apart and the next one begun. : )

ellen b. said...

Glad you are enjoying your woods! We have cows for neighbors, too, now. They live across the road, though. I like that puzzle.

Janet said...

I like those too.

Janet said...

Your neighbors look like ours.

Aritha V. said...

I love your neighbors. I think they are very curious.

M.K. said...

Sweet cows. Sounds like life is peaceful and gentle for you right now.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the cows, and your puzzle looks good.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad your neighbouring cows are friendly!