Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Dreary outside but cheery inside

Woke up to a dark, dreary and rainy morning and it stayed that
way all day.  No sign of snow anywhere.
I'd rather have snow because snow at least is pretty
and you can go outside and have fun in it.  

Got my walking done inside down in the basement.
The day seemed never to get past the dark morning!

Made another rag curtain.  The one I made for the bathroom
I've moved to the closet and now this new one 
is in the bathroom.
Ripped an old blue and white plaid curtain 
that must be at least 20 years old.

There were 7 deer roaming around the woods out back
and we stood in front of the window in the back watching them 
and when they moved to the side of the house we watched from
the bedroom window.
We must have watched them for 20 minutes.

The aida cloth I ordered last week for the project I'm
making for a friend arrived today in the mail.
The material is 6 count so it is easy to see.  😊
Should be a fun project and my friend sure will be surprised
when I give it to her.

More reading and knitting this afternoon.
We put the gas fire on and with the lights around the mantel
it was nice and cozy.

We couldn't decide what we felt like eating for supper
and then I came up with the idea of pancakes.
Ken doesn't usually go for a breakfast supper
but today he did.
I put mini chocolate chips in them and even topped it off with whipped cream.
I could eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch, or supper.
Though it was a dreary day it was a good day
to enjoy being inside.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone 💕
"Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect."
~ Oren Arnold

21 comments:

Rose said...

We used to eat breakfast for supper fairly often...and still do sometimes.

I like your rag curtains...I need to remember this idea...

Tom said...

... 7 deer roaming around, I guess that hostas would be a good choice in your garden!

Ruth Hiebert said...

A rainy day is a perfect day for pancakes. That was what my Mom used to serve on rainy days, but not just pancakes, but crepes.

Joyful said...

I like your cosy day inside. The Christmas gift suggestions are very nice too! Every now and then I have bacon, eggs and hash browns for dinner. I have that when I go out and can't decide what to have for supper.

Pom Pom said...

I love your rag curtain, Karen! Oh, and pancakes for supper is a great idea!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like the way that ends...to yourself respect. I have to remember that all the time. Not everyone is happy (and nice) like you and I! We had rain this weekend too so when it was over this afternoon, I walked around the neighborhood. I LOVE that you see deer at your new house! How special! Happy weekend!

Adam said...

The biggest group of deer I've seen so far is just 4. Leaping across the road after one another

Granny Marigold said...

I'd love to watch a small herd of deer just hanging around. Peaceful.

Carol W. said...

I love Oren Arnold's quote. It's what a Christian should do. Have a great evening!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

How lucky to have all those deer nearby.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like your curtain, it looks very pretty. Hubby and I enjoy breakfast any time of the day. I would enjoy watching the deer from the house, sounds nice. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

Lisa said...

I love eating breakfast for supper. It makes for a good a night sleep. That is always my “go to “ plan if I cant think of anything else.
Lisa

Henny Penny said...

No matter how bad the weather, your post is always happy and cheerful. I love the little curtain. We like breakfast for supper especially if it's country ham, grits, eggs, and biscuits. But I could eat pancakes for any meal too.

Farm Girl said...

I think it sounds so nice and cozy. Breakfast is always a good choice.

William Kendall said...

I have probably had pancakes for dinner more often than breakfast.

Elaine (Retired Knitter) said...

We like breakfast for all meals. I haven't had pancakes in a long time.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your curtain, and pancakes can work any time of day!

All the best Jan

Donna said...

I like that curtain idea and I love that wall color. Do you know what it is? I admire your walking routine.

happyone said...

The paint is Sherwin Williams Sporty Blue.

ellen b. said...

Glad you could be cozy and comfy inside. Good quote!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So nice to be back in Blogland and checking in to see how you are doing! Nice post. Merry Christmas to you and Ken. Love from UT!