Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 13, 2018

A warm (almost) morning walk 😊

It felt almost balmy today at 38 degrees after the cold mornings we've been having.
It was a cloudy morning and no wind and I left again at 7:00.

Walked to town and went up the cemetery where I left the
message in the snow for Kathy.  
Thought maybe she would leave me one,
but most of the snow had melted so even if she did it was gone.
I'll have to ask her about when I see her.

This road leads to the cemetery.
From there I walked to the post office and dropped
a Netflix down the mail slot.
Walked to the main street and then back home.

Saw all the usual people in trucks, cars, and buses who wave or
give a little toot passing by.
Saw a couple of Blue Jays and deer.
🎄     🎄     🎄
11:30 this morning I was at the library for the book club meeting.
There were 10 of us there.
We always have a fun time and still find time to discuss the current book. 
Next months book is a little short one called
Two Old Women by Velma Wallis.

The library was also having an open house to celebrate their
40 year anniversary.

Haven't done much today.
Ken and I worked on the puzzle quite a while
and then I read till supper time.
Now for a nice evening at home.

 Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

"I sometimes think we expect too much of Christmas Day.
We try to crowd into it the long arrears of kindliness and humanity
of the whole year.
As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at time all through the year.
And thus I drift along into the holidays -
let them overtake me unexpectedly."
~ David Grayson

19 comments:

Vee said...

I like Christmas all year long, too, but I try very hard not to let it take me by surprise for that would mean that I had not been preparing my heart and my home. I hope that Kathy saw your message in the snow. That’s a fun way to communicate!

Tom said...

...so balmy is 38F. Sounds like rain is coming up the coast this weekend. Give me snow any day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The milder temperatures are welcome.We are having a mild spell as well.

GretchenJoanna said...

All your walking about the neighborhood and the town in every kind of weather, and seeing the same folks, and going to book group, and watching movies with your husband -- what a blessed life, almost idyllic, it seems from here. I have thought of you in the mornings when it is not usually even down to freezing and I am reluctant to take my walk "yet."

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I walked today but it was 70! I looked and looked for deer but didn't see any. Lots of sweet birds though and some flocks of Sandhill Cranes. Wish you could come down here to walk with me. You would love it...I think! Love your snowy scene and those bare trees...that looks like a picture puzzle! Hugs!

Rose said...

Well we are still in suspense about if Kathy seen your note...wondering what puzzle you are working. I keep thinking I will start one....

Granny Marigold said...

Your day sounds quite relaxing.
I was not able to walk today due to heavy rain that just wouldn't let up. Now strong winds are forecast. Wintery weather for sure.

Grandma C said...

I like the long straight road lined with a blanket of snow.

Aritha V. said...

Nice photo. Love the title of the book. Short but good.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks very cold where you are. Here today it is 1*C.

God bless.

Adam said...

I wonder how old my library is

eileeninmd said...

Hello, a dusty of snow looks pretty. We had a nice walk yesterday too. Spreading the Christmas kindness over the year is a great idea. Love that quote. Enjoy your day and have a happy weekend!

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

I should read "Two Old Women by Velma Wallis."

have a great day

Pom Pom said...

That's a good quote by David Grayson. True.
I'm glad for you that you're experiencing good walking weather.

ellen b. said...

Glad you get a balmy walk in this time of year!

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

Wishing your family peace and love at Christmas and always.

William Kendall said...

A wonderfully moody shot.

Debby Ray said...

Now, that is a great quote to live by. Love the photo!

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a nice day.
I like the quote from quote by David Grayson.

All the best Jan