Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 21, 2018

Donuts

 A warm morning at 43 degrees.
Left the house at 7:30 when it was light out.
I usually walk to town which is 2 miles,
walk around town for 2 miles,
and then home again for the last 2 miles.
Did it a little bit different today.  I asked Ken if he would pick
me up in town at the old house.
This way I could 4 of the miles in town.

It was a cloudy morning and half way to town a light
drizzle started and lasted for a couple of miles.
Just enough to get me a bit damp.

Walked up and down the streets around town.
Went around the ball park loop.
Next headed up to the cemetery up the hill.
People have been decorating the tombstones for Christmas.
 Walked down to the barn to say hi to the cows
and then went to the other cemetery and walked around there.
There were a couple of rabbits hopping around the graves.
(No rabbits in the picture.)
Then walked through town again and met Ken at the old house at 9:00.
Driving to the house Ken passed the bakery in town.
BUT unlike me, he did stop and bought a dozen little donuts.
When we got back home we had a couple for breakfast. 😊🍩
🎄     🎄     🎄
Got a crock pot of chili started this morning for supper tonight.
Nice to have the question,  "What's for supper?" out of the way.

I don't know what possessed me to start a 5th project
but that is exactly what I did this today.
 This will be a knitted baby blanket.
My four other projects are:
Weave-it baby blanket
Weave-it bedspread
Cross stitch
Basket of slippers
Oh yeah and I also started another jigsaw puzzle.
All good things to do on this rainy, foggy, day.

A happy day to you.
happyone 💕

Just a Little Donkey 
Author Unknown

Just a little donkey,
but on my back I bore
the one and only Saviour
the world was waiting for.

Just a little donkey,
but I was strong and proud;
I gladly carried Mary
through the chaos of the crowd.

I brought her to a stable
where she made a tiny bed...
A place for Baby Jesus 
to lay His little head.

I pray the world remembers
that special Christmas night,
when just a little donkey
carried Heaven's precious light.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...two kinds of donuts, I notice the giant white ones out in the field.

William Kendall said...

I am reminded of my late aunt, who always had knitting with her.

I have no idea if decorating at cemeteries is done here.

Hill Top Post said...

Your pictures of surrounding farming areas look a lot like it does here. Long white tubes of wrapped haylage are a common sight. You really live in a beautiful place with so many wonderful places to walk. A lot of my trails lately take me through the mud. No doubt, my hubby would stop for donuts, too. It's always good to have something to do on long winter days.

Dianna said...

You go girl with those projects! Isn't it a blessing to use our hands to benefit others? Those doughnuts look absolutely delicious!

Rose said...

At least you have a choice of what you want to work on. I so love the yellow color of the newest UFO (Unfinished object) But the way you do, you will get them done. I will not tell how many things I have started.

OH, That first photo...I love that view.

Pom Pom said...

Good for you, having so many projects of the go! Smile.
That's a very sweet poem.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

My husband got doughnuts this week too....must be something going around! heehee Enjoy your evening☃️

Vee said...

That is a very pretty yellow... Yay, Ken! Did the doughnuts pass muster?

Ruth Hiebert said...

The yellow is such a cheery color.That will be a beautiful piece, once finished.

ellen b. said...

People will never be able to say that you are idle. Sweet poem!

Granny Marigold said...

That newest project uses the loveliest pale yellow yarn.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Tasty donuts ... D'Oh!!!

God bless.

Kerin said...

Sounds as though you had a lovely day.
Thanks for sharing that sweet little poem.

Merry Christmas!

~K.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the donuts look yummy. Love the cute poem. Enjoy your day and weekend. Merry Christmas!

Henny Penny said...

Oh those donuts!! I haven't had donuts in ages! I love the little poem!

Henny Penny said...

Oops. Merry Christmas!!

happyone said...

They were delicious and worth every calorie. 😊

Lowcarb team member said...

… Chili for supper! Yum!

All the best Jan