Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Basket of Slippers

☃️     ☃️
It was dark and snowy when I woke up so walked a few miles around
the basement loop.
After breakfast I went outside to finish my walking.
Stayed around home and walked around Happy Trails 
and up the lane.
Some pictures along the way.

The cabin in the woods that Ken and I built before we had the house
here at Happy Trails.
It is about 1/4 mile away from the house, out back and off to the left.
Pretty windy out there and 30 degrees.
Nice getting outside for a while to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
⛄️     🎄
My goal today was to finish that last slipper for the slipper 
basket and I am happy to say I did.
All six slippers now sit in a basket by the front door and
all who visit can slip on a pair to keep their feet toasty warm.
It was a good day to get some reading done too.

It has been snowing on and off all day.
Nice to watch it falling from inside a nice warm house.
It is so pretty, much nicer than watching the rain.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

A Christmas Prayer
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Loving Father,
help us remember the birth of Jesus,
that we may share in the song of the angels,
the gladness of the shepherds,
and worship of the wise men.

Close the door of hate
and open the door of love all over the world.
Let kindness come with every gift
and good desires with every greeting.
Deliver us from evil by the blessing
which Christ brings,
and teach us to be merry with clear hearts.

May the Christmas morning
make us happy to be they children,
and Christmas evening bring us to our beds
with grateful thoughts,
forgiving and forgiven,
for Jesus' sake.
Amen

19 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Hey, you've got more snow than we do! Love the slippers.

Adam said...

Wow so snowy

Carol W. said...

Wow, love the slippers, and the colors are just popping! Bet they'll be fun to wear! No snow in Phoenix, temp was 72° today. I really like all the photos you post, helps me remember living in Maryland.

Tom said...

...with colorful slippers like those I shouldn't misplaced them. Merry Christmas.

ellen b. said...

Love those handmade slippers. I have a basket of slippers, too, but they were all purchased at Wal-Mart! :) Sounds like a good day.

Vee said...

Such a thoughtful hostess with the slippers by the door. How nice that you have some snow. Ours is nearly gone and the world looks pretty brown and gray and just plain dirty. That was a fabulous prayer. I didn’t know that RLS was such a spiritually minded man.

Hill Top Post said...

What wonderful pictures you captured on this first full day of winter. I love when you take us walking around Happy Trails. What a great shot of the lane with the wooden fence. I am intrigued with the Cabin in the Woods, and would like to know more about it. Undoubtedly you have written about it before. It looks like the perfect retreat. And, the slippers are oh-so-wonderful!

Hill Top Post said...

And, Robert Louis Stevenson's prayer is just wonderful!

Joyful said...

Looks like you had a lovely day. The slippers are all such pretty colours.

Rose said...

Love those slippers...I am so glad you showed us what you have been working on.

I bet it was beautiful to be out with that snow! Always loved to ramble in snow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely scenes. We had snow all day as well and it has created a winter wonderland.

Granny Marigold said...

It's nice to sit and watch snow falling. You have quite a bit of it I see. We had a few flakes fall today then it turned to rain. Not nearly as nice to watch.
I like your basket of colourful slippers.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the snowy scenes do look pretty. The snow missed us. The slippers are cute and colorful. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day!

Henny Penny said...

Okay, if those snow pictures were in a box, I would pick them out for my Christmas cards. That basket of slipper is the cutest thing I seen all season. You've probably started something here. Now I really really want a basket of slippers to sit by my front door. :) First I need to learn to knit, or crochet?? That would be a good New Year's resolution. Merry Christmas!

William Kendall said...

That second shot is my favourite.

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed seeing your snowy scenes.
The slippers look colourful.

Thank you for including 'A Christmas Prayer' by Robert Louis Stevenson.
So good to read the words.

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love all of those colorful slippers! What a nice inviting way to keep your flooring in your new home nice! Looks like you have some snow there. We haven't had any here for a while. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Deb J. in Utah said...

P.S. Got your card. Thank you so much! Thanks also for giving me your new address. You live in such a beautiful place.

M.K. said...

Your slipper basket is a wonderful, welcoming idea! They look very cute sitting there, waiting for companies' feet :)