Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Baby Blanket Day and mini cookies

Haven't found out what all the police cars were about yesterday.
Nothing in the paper.
If I find out I'll let you know.

Met the ladies at church to work on the Blankets for Babies.
Had to leave the house at 8:45 so didn't have time this morning to
wait for it to get light enough for me to walk.
So walked laps around my basement track.
There were ten of us working on the blankets and we worked
from 9:30 to 12:00.
We work but do a LOT of talking too. ๐Ÿ˜Š

One of the ladies usually brings breakfast and 
another gives a short devotional.
A bit different today in that we set in to work right away.
The devotional was after working and it was my
turn for that. 
I gave it the title, God's Smile. 
Was a bit nervous but it went well.
Then it was time for lunch which we had right there.
 Someone made a delicious Cream of Crab Soup and I 
have asked for the recipe.
We also all brought Christmas cookies to share.

One of the ladies husbands made the cutest mini cookies.
They are only about 2 inches high.
Her husband is a BIG guy which makes me smile that
he makes these tiny cookies.
They not only look good but taste good too.
Trouble with these mini cookies is that they are so easy to just
pop in your mouth and you eat too many of them.

Got home mid afternoon and by that time I didn't feel like
doing anything around the house so just ended up knitting
and reading again.

It's been a most enjoyable day.
Hope your day was too.
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

Christmas' True Meaning
By Deborah Ann Belka

Let Christmas' true meaning,
rise up in you today...
may  you see the real splendor
of Jesus' birth on this day.

May His beauty and grandeur,
cause your heart to sing
may the gift of His excellence
become your eternal spring.

My His majesty you behold,
with all dignity and honour
may the fullness of His truth
glorify His heavenly Father.

May the wonder of His grace,
reveal its magnificence in you
may the gratefulness you feel
be in all you say and do.

Let Christmas' true meaning,
bring your Saviour near today
may you see the need for Him
today, and every day.

15 comments:

Vee said...

Cute cookies! I think you’re right about eating little things. ๐Ÿ™‚ Sounds like a fun day and it is wonderful that you were the speaker today. I’d have loved to have been there.

Adam said...

Nice cookies

Tom said...

...eating too many is the problem with all cookies.

Granny Marigold said...

Those mini cookies are cute but I can see why they would be so easy to pop in one's mouth, one after the other.

William Kendall said...

The cookies look good!

More often than not you never find out what several police cars were racing to.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those little cookies look wonderful.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such a sweet Christmas poem! Love those cute little cookies and am impressed that a big ole guy made them!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I would not be able to stop eating those pretty cookies! Love the poem!
Wishing you a merry Christmas!

Hill Top Post said...

I also love the poem! I must copy this one for my journal. Getting together with friends to work and play is such a good thing. Of course, it would be a happy day.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love cookies.

God bless you, Happyone.

Sandi said...

Beautiful poem!

Love the little cookies. :)

Have a Merry Christmas, happyone!


Lowcarb team member said...

Oh those cookies, so delicious.
Lovely poem, thanks for sharing.

Wishing you a merry Christmas.

All the best Jan

Aritha V. said...

Love the "koekjes".

Rose said...

I like cookies, but can control myself...ice cream control is harder...I am have cherry cheesecake ice cream right now! YUM!

ellen b. said...

Glad you had such an enjoyable day. Those cookies are so cute!