Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 10, 2018

Cold but pretty

Light enough at 7:10 this morning to get out for my walk.
14 degrees this morning but clear and no wind.
Was nice to have the sun out after a couple of miles too.

Walked down the hill and up to town and dropped a library book
down the drop at the library.
Then went to the post office to mail a Netflix.

Walked over by the town pond which now has
a coating of ice on it.
The only people I saw were in vehicles and
only animal I saw was a little squirrel running across the road.

The sun shining on the grass and trees sure did look pretty.
Just turned off the main road here and walking back up the hill to home.
πŸŽ„     πŸŽ„     πŸŽ„
We have a little reminder button which blinks
when it is time to change the water filter in the basement.
It was blinking today and with Ken supervising I changed the filter.
Thought it would be a good idea for me to know how to do that
on my own.  It is very easy and only takes a few minutes.
πŸŽ„     πŸŽ„     πŸŽ„
I started a new project this afternoon which will be a gift
for one of my friends.  It is not a Christmas gift so I am under
no pressure to get it done and she has no idea that I'm making
her anything.
The project is a counted cross stitch of a quote that
is a favorite of hers.
What I did today was put the saying on graph paper
so I could figure out the size.
Have to order the Aida cloth on line for the project
because I am using a large count and the local stores don't carry it.
I have a book with a lot of different alphabet designs in it
and picked out a simple backstitch one.
Will take some pictures when I get started.

Went to Brenda's for pizza this evening.
The restaurant is across the street from Deep Creek Lake
on the second floor and over looks the lake.
The lake is starting to freeze over now.

That's it for today.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  πŸ’•

"It is impossible to conceive how different things would have turned out
if that birth had not happened whenever, wherever, however it did...
for millions of people who have lived since, 
the birth of Jesus made possible not just a new way of understanding life
but a new way of living it.
It is a truth that, for twenty centuries, 
there have been untold numbers of men and women who,
in untold numbers of ways,
have been so grasped by the child who was born,
so caught up in the  message he taught and life he lived,
that they have found themselves 
profoundly changed by their relationship with him."
~ Frederick Buechner

25 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure had a gorgeous day. Your images are wonderful.

Joyful said...

Lovely day you had today!

William Kendall said...

The light in these shots is breathtaking!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Fresh new snow is soft and pretty.
Coffee is on

Granny Marigold said...

I wonder if people ever skate on the frozen pond!! Years when our local lake has frozen enough skaters get to enjoy zipping around.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful photos. Great quote.

Pom Pom said...

I love that quote. I'm a fan of Buechner.

Happy@Home said...

Beautiful photos from your walk today. How nice to put so much thought into a cross stitch gift for your friend. She is sure to be thrilled with it.

Vee said...

What a wonderful quote...true, true, true.

Yes, it is good to know how to do a lot of things around the house. You will be an expert water filter changer. Then you have to do it often enough that you don’t forget, which seems to be my problem these days,

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! The pictures are gorgeous. The gift you are making for a friend will be very special,I'm sure.

Adam said...

Very pretty pictures of your snowy surrondings

GretchenJoanna said...

You demonstrate the maxim that I think came from Ben Franklin: The early morning has gold in its mouth.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh my, your oh-so-cold early morning pictures are absolutely gorgeous. What a great shot of the sun! I probably would be one of those people in a vehicle you met, for somewhere about 14 degrees I might draw the line, even with my oh-so-warm L.L. Bean coat. I haven't done counted cross-stitch in several years, but used to be quite addicted to it. It's the perfect season for the work.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful scenes and photos. I love the reflection on the pond. Enjoy your day and week ahead!

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, everything looks so lovely, I especially like the third photo. We still don’t have any snow here.I hope you show us your project when you are done!
Take care.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The pond photo is perfect...looks like something from a movie! I hope I get out today...I thought it was too cold yesterday because it was in the 50s! heehee! Enjoy your day sweet friend. Holiday hugs!

Rose said...

Some beautiful photos...I wondered if you had been making any more weave-it baby blankets. I hope I stick with blogging long enough to see what you are making now.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks very cold out there.

God bless.

happyone said...

Skating isn't allowed on the pond. Skating is allowed on the lake in Deep Creek though but don't see many skaters. There are a lot of people who ice fish and snow mobile riders are often seen there too.
I grew up near a lake and we had lots of fun skating too : )

happyone said...

Oh yes, I've always have a baby blanket it progress.

Kerin said...

Very pretty. There is a stellar beauty in wintry snow glistening in the sunshine, and the blue of the sky :)

Have a happy day.
~K.

Debby Ray said...

Gorgeous shots! It looks very similar to here...only we have more snow. We got about a foot of the white stuff!

Turn The Page said...

What lovely shots of your world! And the mention of Deep Creek brought back some good childhood memories of our summer camping/boating days there! Ah...the good old days! Thanks for the memories...and for adding to my HAPPY DAY! ALOHA AND FA LA LA!!!

Elaine (Retired Knitter) said...

I used to do counted cross stitch but found my eyes tired just to easily but I really love the look of it.

Lowcarb team member said...

What fabulous weather, your photographs are wonderful.

All the best Jan