Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Bowling Day

Sunset
18 degrees this morning but today there was a bit of a breeze.
Just starting to get light when I left for town on my walk
and by the time I got to town the sun was just starting to come over
the mountain.

Walked here and there around town and then headed back home.
Once again I didn't see anyone else out walking.
A few deer were around this morning and some birds.

A cold morning but sunny and invigorating.
I'm doing better about walking up that very steep 1/2 mile
hill coming back to the house.
Don't walk it very fast but don't have to take a rest anymore,
that's progress.  😊
🎄     🎄     🎄
Sewed up another slipper this morning, 
and that makes 4 pair I've finished.
Would like to have two more for my basket.

We used to go bowling with friends every Tuesday and
somehow we have gotten away from it
and haven't been in quite a long time.
But that ended this afternoon when we went bowling. 
There were seven of us there and it was fun bowling again.
I bowled
112
135
118
in that order.  
After bowling we all had a bite to eat at a local restaurant.
Before coming home Ken and I made a quick stop at
Walmart to pick up a few things.

This evening I'll be
reading
knitting
watching an episode of
Last of the Summer Wine on Netflix
and enjoy being in my nice warm and cozy home.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

"The great challenge left to us is to cut through all the glitz and glam
of the season that has grown increasingly secular and commercial,
and be reminded of the beauty of the 
One who is Christmas."
~ Bill Crowder

21 comments:

Tom said...

...that sky sure is a great way to start the day.

Vee said...

It’s all good and He is the Heart of Christmas. Love that sunset. Must confess my envy of those who see them. It’s not always easy living down here in the holler. Ha! Great bowling scores for first time back in a while. Now I am curious about your program. I have been watching Christmas cooking shows with Mary Berry.

ellen b. said...

You are a walking inspiration to say the least. Woohoo for starting bowling again. Maybe Dear and I should look into that. When my kids come at Christmas I'm going to have them sign me up for Netflix!

Carol W. said...

Last of the Summer Wine is one of my favorite comedies; I just live the British comedies. Used to watch them on PBS every Saturday night. Glad you got back to bowling, good exercise.

Jason Martin said...

Such a beautiful place, would love to live here.
luton Meet And Greet

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos.

God bless.

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

Icy, so cold. But, photos are beautiful.
have a great day

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful sunset and lovely wintry scenes. I like the tree. The bowling sounds like fun! Enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Ive been snowed in. When this happens, we cant even go out for a walk because of the threat of slipping on ice. Ive done some crocheting and baking instead! Not good for the diet. Haha.
Lisa

Kerin said...

Beautiful pictures.
Good for you for getting out and walking! You are an inspiration!

Have a happy day.
~K.

William Kendall said...

That sunrise is a welcome sight to see.

I bowled a couple of times as a kid, but that was about it.

happyone said...

I really enjoy the British comedies too. I'm glad Netflix has so many of them. : )

Rose said...

I am trying to get back in the habit of reading blogs...yours was always fun to read. I did a scan back through to see what kind of slippers you were knitting...I found that is it baby slippers. Am I right?

Debby Ray said...

What a gorgeous sunrise! Winter skies are the best!

Adam said...

Good scores

happyone said...

The slippers I am knitting now are adult ones. I'm knitting 6 pair to put in a basket by the door and when people come to visit they have the option of wearing a nice pair of warm slippers.

Elaine (Retired Knitter) said...

Well I love your new home and I can totally understand why you enjoy living there.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs, and I'm pleased you went bowling.

All the best Jan

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

Hello! !
Today I decorated the Christmas tree. I really enjoyed it! Every year I get very excited, I decorate the Christmas tree and it begins to feel like Christmas. I think this year's Christmas tree is also very beautiful.
Ryoma.

John Hilston said...

Lovely, adorable landscapes they are, makes your day more happier if you are there.
airport parking stansted

Jasper Milo said...

Beautiful pictures. Wonderful blog.
Manchester airport parking