Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Baking

Left the house this morning right at 7:00. 
 Not quite light but not dark either.
No wind, a mix of sun and clouds and the temperature 21 degrees.
Didn't even have to wear my super warm coat.

Once again I walked down the hill and up to town.
Went to the cemetery up the hill, walked around there
and then walked down by the Drane house.
Wanted to see if the horses were around.
 I was surprised to see a bunch of cattle down where the horses are.
Farmer Marvin must have just gotten these because I haven't seen them
before and they are in a fenced off section in the barnyard.
  The three musketeers here seemed to be really enjoying their breakfast.
You can see the horses in the background.
After taking a few pictures I headed back home.

Saw a few deer but still no people.

My friend Kathy walks later in the morning and I haven't seen
her for a while.
She always walks around the cemetery so I wrote her a message 
up there in the snow.
Walked in the snow to make letters which said
Hi Kathy.
I wonder if she will see it. 😊
🐄     🦌     🐴
Did some baking this morning.
Made little Pumpkin Bread loaves to give as little gifts.
Also baked little Yum Yum Cakes.
Pumpkin on the left Yum Yum on the right.
The Yum Yum Cake recipe is for one cake but I decided to make some little ones.
The one in the bigger loaf pan is for us.
Now I have 14 little loaves to give away.

Wrote out some Christmas cards this afternoon.
I don't send very many out anymore but still like to send them.

Did a little reading and knitting too.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year."
~Charles Dickens

23 comments:

Pom Pom said...

That's so sweet that you wrote a note in the snow!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

The cows look happy in their new home.

Tom said...

...that road is gorgeous!

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of baking!

Always count on cows to be curious about someone passing by.

Rose said...

I so love that first view...I so would love to walk down that road. I wonder if Kathy will leave you a note in the snow...be fun if she did.

Love all the baking you did...I used to bake more than I do now.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice to have the pumpkin bread to give as gifts. That really is special! Glad you had a good walk today. I did too but I'll tell you about it later! heehee! I'm anxious to go back again tomorrow. Enjoy your evening! Hugs, Diane

Granny Marigold said...

The loaves look delicious and will make great gifts.

Grandma C said...

Love how you captured the cows attention.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The recipients of those cakes will be very happy,I'm sure.They look so good.

Hill Top Post said...

At least the length of our days is just about as short as it is going to get. You just can't imagine what a yearning I now have for pumpkin bread. Of course, you were being watched as you walked past Farmer Marvin's cow lot. The cattle didn't seem to be concerned that a stranger was walking by.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I would like a piece of cake please.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful photos, love the view looking down the road and the cattle. They are sweet. Your pumpkin bread looks yummy. Enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

Adam said...

They are all cute.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, I don’t think I will ever get tired of your photography. Every time I visit Life Is Good I see more wonderful photos. Let me mention a few … In this post the first one … the way you framed up that scene is just great. Makes me wish I could be walking that road! In your previous post (Tuesday) the sunset picture … wow! And the third pic … the little tree. Love it! Thanks for sharing your photography and your blog! John

Elaine (Retired Knitter) said...

Love the note in the snow!! What a cute idea.

ellen b. said...

Those little giveaway loaves are such a good idea. Love the three musketeers! Do you have to take your gloves off to take the photos? I hope Kathy spots your note in the snow!

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

lovely "three musketeers"

Have a great day

Inger said...

It is good to try to keep Christmas in your heart all year long. Great quote. And it sounds like you had a great day.

happyone said...

I don't wear gloves when I walk. I just tuck my hands up in side my sleeves. They stay toasty warm.

Elaine (Retired Knitter) said...

Hi Karen, here I am now testing on your blog to see if I can post a comment without the Robot pictures dragging me down. Wish me luck.

Elaine (Retired Knitter) said...

Well, it did not work on your blog. There was no way I could skip the pictures - four screens worth before it took my proof that I am not a Robot. Not good news.

Aritha V. said...

Mjam Mjam cakes.

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a lot of baking … well done :)
Love the cows, great picture.

All the best Jan