Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 04, 2018

A dusting

A few snow flurries around this morning when I left
a little after 7 on my walk and 22 degrees.
This picture taken 1/2 mile down my road.
Walked to town and stopped in at the post office to drop a birthday
card down the slot. 

Walked around town a bit and then around one of the cemeteries.
It was nice to see a bit of blue sky but it didn't last very long.
Then headed back home and by the time I got there the blue sky was gone.
🎄     🎄     🎄
We left mid morning to go down to LaVale for the day.
Walked around in quite a few stores.
It is only 25 miles down the road, but was 10 degrees warmer
and not a sign of snow.
It all has to do with elevation.

While there we stopped in the brand new Chick-Fil-A that just
opened a couple of weeks ago for lunch.
We had 3 chicken strips and waffle fries.
Happy to have one in the area.

When we got home and got the groceries neatly put away
in the pantry, I finished the current book I was reading.
My Italian Bulldozer by Alexander McCall Smith.
It is this months book club selection.
I usually like his books but I thought this one was just silly.

Ken made us supper tonight.
BLT's, made not with bacon but bacon bits.

One day I'll have some pictures to post of the basket of slippers
I'm knitting.  I'd like to have 6 pair in it.
So far I've finished 2 1/2.

Will be starting my next book later.
My friend Bettye gave it to me to read.
First the Dead by Tim Downs.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

"And when the Lord Jesus has become your peace,
remember, there is another thing: 
good will towards men.
Do not try to keep Christmas without good will towards men."
~ Charles Spurgeon

17 comments:

Tom said...

...frosting on the cake.

Phoebes World said...

So pretty...we have rain forecast...
Looking forward to seeing the knitted slippers..
and...I looove Chick-fil-a
Stay warm and safe
Phoebe x

Inger said...

Yes, had a happy day. Freezing cold here too, with a lot of really cold wind blowing. Went to the dump and the post office. Your pictures looks so wintry. Sounds like you had a great day.

Vee said...

Oh Chick-fil-a...the state finally has one in Bangor of all places. Can’t wait until they get closer to my corner. How about a nice cozy read for Christmas? One of my readers just suggested “No Holly for Miss Quin.” That little patch of blue looked very hopeful. Maybe tomorrow...

Ruth Hiebert said...

I always think that a fresh dusting of snow makes everything look so clean. I love the quote at the end of the post.

William Kendall said...

That second shot is my favourite. We had an hour or so of blue skies here late in the afternoon, which was welcome.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I'm jealous of your snowy fields! We have the cold here, but still no snow.

Joyful said...

Lovely snowy scenes. I love Alexander McCall Smith books. At least the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series, all of which are quite good. He has several different series going and while I've read a few here and there they just don't grab me like the ones set in Botswana. I've never tried Chick-Fil-A. It sounds good.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The snow looks so beautiful in the countryside.

God bless you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the dusting of snow is pretty. I do not mind just a dusting of snow. I am always looking for book suggestions, I find a lot from Goodreads. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

Very pretty, though it looks cold.
Amazing how just a few miles, and/or lower elevations have such different weather.
It's one of the reasons we are wanting to retire to an area not far from where we are... our elevation brings us lots and lots of snow.

Have a happy day.
~K.

Pom Pom said...

I look forward to seeing the basket of slippers!

Adam said...

I've never been to a bad Chikfila

Henny Penny said...

It looks so cold there!! There were snow flurries predicted for us today, but I sure haven't seen any.

Debby Ray said...

Oh how I love the winter sky! Ours looks like that around here right now...snow is in the forecast for the weekend! :)

Trini Altea said...

Que fotos más bonitas.

ellen b. said...

I'm so behind the snow has probably melted by now. :)