Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 01, 2018

Wow What Sky

This morning was a warm one at 60 degrees. 
There was no wind and a mix of sun and clouds.
Left at 7:30 again.
Just down the road from my house as I was walking all of a sudden
everything had an orange glow to it.
I turned around and looked up at the sky.
Wow what a sky.
God sure has a great way of saying 'Good Morning.'
A few minutes later all the color was gone.

Once again I walked to town and around both cemeteries.
That seems to be my most popular walk now.

When I was walking around the lower cemetery I looked off
in the direction where my house was and saw smoke rising.
Ken had started a fire in our burn pit in back of the house
 when I left on my walk and that is what I saw.

Walking back home I stopped to talk to Harry, a neighbor
who lives just over a mile down the road.
His wife sent him outside with orders to wash the windows
and he was just getting started.  
🌤     🌤
It was like a summer day and we took advantage of the good weather
to do some more work on our driveway.
Hooked up the dump trailer and went to the stone place.
This time we got 10R Dust.
Two loads of 2 tons each trip, 
one before lunch and one after lunch.

We got it spread, raked, and tamped down from the street to 
almost to the top of the driveway.
It looks like red concrete right now.
It is supposed to rain tonight so we will see how it holds up once it rains.
 We took a break one time and sat in the swing and ate an apple.
Then we saw how far we could throw the core.
I won.  😊 (Ken's hit a tree)

We always feel good after a good days work.
Now time for rest and relaxation.
I'm looking forward to starting my next book.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

20 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

That sky is amazing, a lovely photograph.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Wow, that sky is amazing. The early bird gets the worm, or the beautiful sunrise shots!

Michelle said...

That sky is something else! Wow!

William Kendall said...

A dazzling sunrise!

Right about now the sun's getting up about ten to eight in the morning. Of course that'll change by Sunday.

Tom said...

...that sure is a WOW sky, but red skies in the morning, sailors take warning!

Hill Top Post said...

There's usually only a small window of time in which one can capture an awesome picture like yours. Wow! Are you snapping these photos with your camera phone? Our first day of November started out damp and dreary and much cooler. A warm jacket felt good.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I’ve seen a few Facebook posts of this mornings sunrise. Each one spectacular and yours is as well. I didn’t experience quite as much color but it sure was pretty.

Granny Marigold said...

Isn't it something that you could have missed that awesome sight if you'd been 5 minutes later. You do get amazing sunrises.

Kerin said...

Beautiful sky, and I love your sentiment about God saying 'Good Morning'!!
Driveway looks great; job well done.

Warm wishes.
~K.

happyone said...

Yes, my camera died a while back and I've been using my phone camera ever since.

Vee said...

Now wait a minute! I am up before sunrise most mornings and I have NEVER seen such a sky. Perhaps the secret is to be out walking. ☺

Anonymous said...

WOW! Looks like the sky is on fire ... On Fire for the LORD :-)

Silver in AZ said...

we had a gorgeous sunset, I'll post in the morning. Glad your day was good, and that sky is gorgeous!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful red sky.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Wow, your sunrise is gorgeous. A lovely start to your day. The weather has been nice but we are expecting a cold front and rain to come through today. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How brilliant! We woke up to a bright yellow sky this morning and some wind. I hope it brings us a little rain shower later. Enjoy your day! You're probably out walking this morning! ENJOY!

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Sometimes when I’m traveling, or just when in a weird mood, I’ll put the blogosphere on the back burner. Then, when I return, there are a few blogs it’s always good to get back to … one of those is Life is Good. Your photography has been amazing me for years now. Your sunrise photo in this post is absolutely wonderful! And, I can’t seem to get enough of your walk photos. Thanks, as always, for sharing and for your kind comments on John’s Island! Have a happy weekend!

Sandi said...

Gorgeous sunrise!

Debby Ray said...

WOW...what a stunning sun rise! Isn't it amazing how fast it happens? Great capture!

CountryMum said...

Wow indeed!!!