Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 02, 2018

Surprise

Ken and I left the house at 6:40 and he dropped me off in town and
then he continued on to breakfast with Edd and then
went to the auction afterward.

It was 58 degrees and dark but I was able to walk around under
the street lights.
It was cloudy and during my walk around town there
were a few light passing showers.
I took along my umbrella but never did have to put it up.
 Walked up and down the streets in town and around
the ball park loop and then headed back home.
I found a dime.  🙂
🍁     🍁
The driveway held up great after a night of gentle rain.
We will have to see what a hard rain does.

Finally took a picture of the brick in front of the garage doors that we finished.

 I had something show up in the mail today that put a big smile
on my face. 😊
A surprise gift from my long time blogger friend Vee.
The shirt looks gray in the picture but is actually a pretty light blue.
That was so nice of you Vee.
I love it and I'm wearing it right now - perfect fit.
Many Thanks to you.  

I stood at the back window for a while watching the deer
out back.  At first I just saw 3 of them roaming around stopping
every so often to nibble at the few remaining leaves around.
Then they would look around with ears twitching to see if
 any danger was about and then continue eating.
Then I spotted a fourth one and watched number 5 walk
across the back to where the others were.
It was if she said something to the other 4 because then
they all marched off in a row.

It got cooler throughout the day and about supper time
it started raining.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  🍭

18 comments:

Tom said...

...the brick by the garage looks great. Neat scene of the cattle in the pasture.

Happy@Home said...

What a happy surprise from dear Vee. Without saying "Karen" that shirt has your name all over it. :)
Great job on the brick around your garage and those are really nice looking garage doors too.

The Furry Gnome said...

Your house is looking great!

Vee said...

Oh I was wondering there if that was the right shirt! Yes, I thought I was ordering a blue one because I think blue is one of your favorite colors.

John used to say that rain helped things set so perhaps that is what happened with your driveway...it set. It sure does look good and the bricks just before going in the garage look wonderful, too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a lovely gift! Have a great weekend.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Those bricks are a great idea to keep the gravel out of the garage.

Granny Marigold said...

What a sweet gift from a blogging friend.

Joyful said...

Every day for me is a race to get things done, ha ha. I far prefer having too much to do rather than too little. I love the first photo with the fall coloured leaves and the winding road. It's so pretty. The brick looks so nice and bright and compliments the rest of the colours in the house/garage. It was good of your friend to send you a gift and to have it fit you so well too. I an imagine you standing at your windows and enjoying the deer out back. That would make me smile (so long as they didn't eat my garden, lol).

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful brick work. You must be proud of it.

God bless you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the bricks look wonderful and I love the garage doors. Cute t-shirt. I love the view of the cows. Enjoy your day and weekend!

William Kendall said...

It's the garage doors that draw my eye.

happyone said...

No gardens in my back yard, just woods so the deer can eat all they want. : )

happyone said...

Oh Kim, what a nice thing to say. 😊

ellen b. said...

You did a great job on that brick outside your garage doors. What a fun and thoughtful gift from Vee. Happy weekend to you!

CountryMum said...

What a lovely gift to receive!

Adam said...

That was nice of her.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your house looks very good indeed :)

That's a lovely gift from Vee.

All the best Jan

Linda said...

Hello! I am visiting you from Lisa - Life Away From the Office Chair.
I'm now your newest follower and am so delighted to find your blog. We have some of the same friends!! Wishing you a good week!