Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Lena stops by for a house tour

Surprised this morning to see the temperature was a warm 50 degrees.
Left at 7:30 when it was just light enough to walk.
The sun came up over the mountain later and it was
a mix of sun and clouds.
 Walked to town and then around both cemeteries a couple of times.
At one cemetery I saw a few rabbits and
at the other one 2 Blue Birds.

Walking back down the main road to home by Sale Barn Rd
I met a woman walking who I'd never seen before and we stopped
to talk.  She told me she has just started walking.  I gave
her a bit of encouragement and we went our separate ways.
Didn't get her name.  Hopefully she'll be out walking again
and I'll get her name then.

If you look closely you can see a half moon up there.
 Great morning to be out walking.
I'll be back to walking earlier again next week when we turn the 
clocks back.  At least for a little while it will be light until the dark creeps up again.
Found a penny
🎃     🎃
Made pancakes for breakfast this morning.
Then got some hot sausages started cooking in the slow cooker
and made Macaroni Salad which we had for supper.
In the afternoon we were both out working in the yard.
I was cleaning up more deadfall and cutting down little
sapling trees and adding them to my natural fence.

This picture is for you Henny Penny.

While we were outside Lena, a friend I met walking,
came walking by with her dog Molly and two family members who
are visiting her from Arizona.
I had told her to come by any time for a tour.
So I gave them a tour and we had a nice visit too.

Went back outside when they left
and later when I came inside I read a little while before supper.
Now we are off to the Wednesday night prayer service at church.

So that's been my day so far.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I sure love looking down that road!

Vee said...

Looks as if the color is perking up nicely. You are such a good ambassador for your community!

William Kendall said...

Yes, I can see the moon. Pretty autumn colours!

Adam said...

I doubt you had much trick or treaters tonight where you live.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're always so busy. How do you do it?

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

Oh, thank you so much! Your fence is perfect! It is beautiful! Now I know that I am headed in the right direction. Maybe I have added too many little sticks and limbs to mine. I feel like I have to pick up every piece. (probably the cause of my back problems). :) Since I first read about your natural fence, I've been wanting to start one. A dream of mine is to have a fence around our little five acres...this is a fence we can afford. :) Thank you for the idea. You really do spread happiness, in many ways. Love your blog!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a pretty view down the road. I like the natural fence. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

Love that picture with the moon peeking up in the sky.
How fun to have visitors and give a tour of your new home :)

~K.

happyone said...

I guess I'm just blessed with energy and good health! : )

happyone said...

No, the little sticks and limbs help to hold the bigger pieces in place. There are lots of the smaller pieces in my fence too.
Thank you for your kind words, I enjoy your blog very much too. : )

Debby Ray said...

I do like that natural fence. Gives me an idea for the future. :D

Silver in AZ said...

such a glorious walk. You are very lucky. :)

Lisa said...

Hot sausages sound good! Do you cut them up or put anything on them while they cook?
Lisa

ellen b. said...

I understand that cleaning up deadfall job! Boy do we have a lot of brush to take care of here. Fun fence you are building. Sounds like a good walk. Happy November to you!

happyone said...

No, I just put them from the package right in the slow cooker and they cook all day. I do prick them each a couple of times with a fork.

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, I can see the moon... and such lovely autumn colours too.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

Is it usual for you to see Bluebirds at this time of the year?

happyone said...

No, I think they stay around in winter here and come out when it is warm.