Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 03, 2018

At Home

This morning there was a cold rain coming down with a little snow mixed in
and very windy so I decided it wasn't a very pleasant morning for walking.
So I walked the loop in the basement to get in my steps for the day.

Later in the afternoon the wind chased the rain away. 
Never got any more snow than a few flurries.
We even saw some blue sky for a while.
Took this picture out the closet window.
Hanging around home this Saturday.
Just did the basic house chores.
Read a little.
Made some weave-it squares
and just enjoyed a day around the house.

Took this picture out of the kitchen window of the woods out back.
Well we change the clocks back tonight so it will be light
earlier in the morning. 
Now that we are getting back to the standard time
I wish it would just stay that way.

💤    Enjoy your extra hour of sleep.    💤

Hope you enjoyed your Saturday. 
happyone  🎈

17 comments:

Tom said...

...what a wonderful window to look out!

Connie said...

I'm looking forward to an extra hour . . . it's a gift :)

Sandi said...

Love your sun window. A great place for plants!

ellen b. said...

I, too, wish it would just stay that way! Like your views!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such a cheerful window to look out of! Yes, with the time change, it will get dark a lot earlier! Stay warm!

Adam said...

I'm off, so time change means little to me.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

lovely sky and such a pretty window to look out of! Stay warm!

Vee said...

Oh I know we’ve had this discussion before, but I am just far enough north that standard time is really nasty for me...SAD big time. When is the earliest it will be dark there on the shortest day? Here, it will be before 4 in the afternoon EST. I don’t know how those Alaskans do it! Maybe the answer is for Maine to switch to Atlantic Standard Time. It was rainy and very windy here today.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your window is lovely with that trim! Not to mention that view isn't bad either. Hate when the time changes.

happyone said...

Shortest day Dec 21 - sunrise 7:31, sunset 4:56.
But whether it is darker in the morning or evening it is still the same amount of daylight hours.

Hill Top Post said...

I love that kitchen window! What fun to watch the seasons change through it. I am always glad when "they" give us back our hour. It was a pleasant day for walking here today.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It is really annoying when the clocks go forwards and backwards twice a year. It is getting rather expensive having to buy new clocks every time.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you have a pretty view out your window. I wish they would stop changing the clock too. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day. Have a great new week ahead!

William Kendall said...

A lovely sky shot! We switched off last night too. Just had to change a couple of clocks in the house.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your plants and pretty things in the window! Glad you've had a good weekend! I did too! Hugs, Diane

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your two photographs …

All the best Jan

Vee said...

Oh for the luxury of living by the light instead of by the clock! 🕰