Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Gave it a try

Started walking loops in the basement again waiting for it
to get light.
Then as I was putting on my walking clothes for going outside 
Ken said to me,
"You aren't going out walking in this are you!?"
I told him I was going to give it a try.
It was 16 degrees, snow was coming down and it was VERY windy.
Well I made it as far as the end of the driveway.
The snow was whipping me in the face and the snow was too
deep in the road for walking in my snow sneakers.
So I took this picture at the end of the driveway,
turned around and went back inside.
Ken was standing at the front window watching me.  😊
 Finished my steps in the basement.

Stayed inside today and didn't do much of anything.
Read, knitted, and spent a lot of time looking out of the windows
at the wintry day.  Put a few more pieces in the puzzle.

At 3:30 it wasn't a snow plow that came by but one of those big
yellow road graders came up the road clearing the snow.
After that left I walked down to the end of the driveway which was pretty
deep in places because of the drifting.
The road grader left a nice big pile of snow blocking the driveway.
We didn't get outside to clear it because it was still snowing
and very windy.

For supper I made Manicotti.

We decided to stay home this evening and not go to church.

Hopefully tomorrow we can get out because it is
Fingerprint day at church and we have much work to do.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

20 comments:

Tom said...

...today was NO day to be walking outside, thankfully we can go to the YMCA!

William Kendall said...

That is my kind of weather! Beautiful!

Hill Top Post said...

I think I could tackle the snow better than the wind, but in either case I would probably just call it a snow day and stay inside. At least you were rewarded with a beautiful wintry picture.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

If you're dreaming of a white Christmas, you just might get it.

Sandi said...

It is beautiful though!

Vee said...

Weather sure wreaks havoc with plans. Wonder if Ken was grinning at your determination to walk.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You had snow and so did we.Had snow all day and it sure was pretty.

Angie said...

You must be getting our snow … and we really need it for our ski resort. Anyway, very proud of your determination, but I am glad that you went back in to be safe - and you still did circles in the basement to get those steps in. Good for you. Occasionally, a snow day is a good day to relax or do other things that never seem to make it to the top of "the list".

Granny Marigold said...

I don't know about you but when I get my layers on and am going out the door on my walk and find it's way too windy/cold/rainy.. I'm always disappointed and a bit disgruntled.

Adam said...

My city gets confused when they have to dust off the snowplows once a year.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That is a lot of snow you got. Here it is raining and 11*C.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like a lot of snow there. Our melted and is gone now, I am thankful. Yesterday we did have high wind warning, very cold outside for walking. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

ellen b. said...

Wow, sounds like you got a dose of early winter!

Phoebes World said...

Wow... look at that snow...so pretty. I will swap with you...I will come do my walking there...and you can come to the California sunshine
Stay safe and warm
Phoebe x

Aritha said...

A real winterday!

Ivy Green said...

Admire you for getting steps in any way you can. Do you have stairs to the basement? It's good to walk stairs as much as possible, imho.

Henny Penny said...

That looks and sounds like a rel snow storm! It sure is pretty. Mama used to say she couldn't get anything done when it was snowing, for looking out the window. I'm the same way.

Inger said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow and wind. I bet you are happy you made that indoor track.

Pom Pom said...

That is a real snow storm! I hope you get cleared for driving tomorrow, Karen!

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a lot of snow.
Well done doing your walking inside.

All the best Jan