Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 12, 2018

Out to Uniontown

Left the house at 6:50 and it was 32 degrees, cloudy but with no wind.
Walked to town passing by  Farmer Marvin's cows. 
This one was away from the others going down to the little
stream to get a drink.
 Stopped at the library to drop a book down the book drop.
The library doesn't open till 11 but Connie and Lisa, the Liberians
were getting there early and just going in the door.
We had a little chat before I handed Connie the book and
continued on my way.

Passed by the day care center and Milo the cat was out across the street.
Every time I went to take his picture he turned his head away.
Then I headed back home.
We drove over to Uniontown, Pa and spent a good part of the day there.
Walked around a few different stores.
At Michael's I picked up some short sleeve tee-shirts as mine were
getting a bit ratty.  They were on sale, 3 for $10, so I got 6 of them.
At Hobby Lobby I got a couple of long sleeve ones.
The yarn was marked down 30% so picked up a few skeins for
baby blankets.
While we were there we stopped at Olive Garden for lunch
and had the all you can eat soup and salad.
I can only eat one bowl of soup before I get full along
with two helpings of the salad and of course one of their delicious
bread sticks.

Once we were back home I went through my old tee shirts and threw
some away and others I cut into squares for dust clothes.

Got a little reading done and made a few weave-it squares.

No pizza at Brenda's tonight for supper because we already had
lunch out but we did enjoy our home made pizza at home.

Never did see the sun today and a drizzly freezing rain started a
little while ago.
Hoping I get to walk outside in the morning.

It's been a good day and
hope yours was too.
happyone  😊

12 comments:

Tom said...

...your weather is just about like ours. You sure have some nice walking areas!

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to see your photographs.
That sounds a good buy on the new Tee-shirts.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Milo is much too cute.

Sandi said...

wonderful photos! :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh no! Freezing rain can make the roads and walks so treacherous.

Granny Marigold said...

Freezing rain does not sound good at all. Hopefully it won't happen.
Youngest son came to fix the leaking porch roof for us just in time. The forecast for the rest of the week is RAIN.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh, I love your clouds! Great shot. I think your Happy Trails must be much like the trails I walk. They are happy ones too.

Onneli Winter said...

I love that first picture...grey and black. Milo look little bit like Garfield :)

Adam said...

Cute cat

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos, Happyone. Especially the first one.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the photos and Milo the kitty. Olive Garden does have yummy breadsticks.
Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

ellen b. said...

We had a trip into town for shopping this week, too. Love those bread sticks at Olive Garden. Haven't been there in ages. Happy day to you!