Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Basement and outside walk

20 degrees this morning with snow flurries and a very
strong wind.  Was tempted to go on my morning walk but Ken
talked me out of it and I did some of my walking down in the basement.

Got the rest of the money cupcakes baked this morning and they
are all in the cupcake carriers ready for tomorrow.

After lunch the sun came out but it was still windy.
Temperature had come up to 26 degrees so I decided
to go out and just walk around Happy Trails.
It was nice to get out of the house into some fresh air.
Walking up the lane.
Along one of the trails a couple of deer stopped to watch me
walking up to them.  Didn't get much closer than this before
they ran on ahead.
Back from walking I did a little 
reading, knitting, made a couple of weave-its and sewed a row.

Twenty of us from church met up for supper at Perkins this evening.
Nice to get together for food and fellowship.
What a blessing it is to be part of this church.

Hope you smiled often and even laughed out loud a time or two today. 😃
happyone  ❣️

18 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the blue sky in your third photograph.
We've had a lot of rain today, so it seemed especially cheerful :)

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...COLD, windy with some sun here today. My blood needs to thicken up!

Happy@Home said...

We're dropping down into the 20s tonight. Glad you could get out for a pretty brisk walk.

Joyful said...

My it does look cold. Glad you were able to get your walking in and have fellowship with some fellow believers. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Granny Marigold said...

It always feel great to get out in the fresh air and walk ( unless it's too cold and windy).
Have a blessed Sunday.

Adam said...

Deer are people phobic in my area. They do get those looks before they gallop away.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, a dusting of snow is the kind I like to have. Cute photo of the deer. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day!

Vee said...

That’s a nice wish...I know that I did laugh out loud, but I can’t remember why...probably wile reading a blog, Bloggers can be very amusing.

That wind would be the worst of walking I imagine. I am glad that you were able to get out later in the day for fresh air and to visit with the deer. Do you find yourself talking to them?

happyone said...

Oh yes, I talk to all the animals. : )

NanaDiana said...

I found you through Henny Penny and am looking forward to getting to know you better! Hugs- Diana

NanaDiana said...

I will put you on my sidebar right away. I read from there and that way I don't miss posts.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The high winds sure make it feel a lot colder! Love the deer you see! Enjoy the week ahead!

ellen b. said...

Looks like a good day for you. Your church sounds like a good one. We did a lot of good laughing with my sister and her husband who stayed with us this weekend.

Henny Penny said...

You have such a beautiful place to walk. Going to catch up with your last few posts I missed.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What lovely pictures; ideal place for a walk.

God bless.

Melanie said...

I do believe that winter is upon us here in Tennessee as well. It's good you have the basement to do your walks when it's just too cold.

William Kendall said...

What a difference between your first shots and your last shots. Yes, I see the deer- and of course they definitely noticed you.

Pom Pom said...

It is looking wintery in your woods.