Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

New flavor ice cream

Just got a little bit of snow and it's been snowing on and off all day
but not much accumulation.
It was 22 degrees and windy with a few flurries when I walked
this morning.  A good day for that warm coat of mine.
It worked, I was toasty warm.

Walked out to the main road and back again.
Saw 4 deer in the woods and another ran across the road 
in front of me.  A nice 6 point buck.

Coming back up the hill the snow plow came by.  I was by a driveway
so just ducked in there while the plow passed.
The plow came back again and this time I just stood off to the side.
He gave me a wave and probably though what is this crazy lady
doing out here walking!!

Walked up the lane and back down before going back home.
๐ŸŒจ     ๐ŸŒจ     ๐ŸŒจ
After breakfast we drove down to LaVale to do a bit of
shopping at Walmart.  We are trying to go each week so we
don't have to get so much at one time.

Picked up a another set of measuring cups and measuring spoons.
I like them because they were so colorful.
After lunch I used them when I baked another and final
batch of the Welsh cookies for the sale on Saturday at the Drane house.

Started another book this afternoon,
Cape Light by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer.
I didn't realize he wrote a book series, just knew about his paintings.
So far I like the book.

Tried a new flavor of ice cream last night and thought it was very good.
Hagan brand Chocolate Churro.
Dark chocolate ice cream with a cinnamon crumble swirl.
It is even reduced fat.
 I'll be having that again this evening.

Still knitting those slippers.
Working on the second pair.

That's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  ๐Ÿ’• 

19 comments:

William Kendall said...

All that snow is certainly a pretty sight to see.

Tom said...

...for the recent birthday party for our 6 year old granddaughter they had 'pumpkin pie' ice cream. Pumpkins sure is the rage in fall.

Sandi said...

Snow! Oh, so envious. :)

Granny Marigold said...

OH, that new flavour of ice cream sounds good.
What a coincidence,. I just took a book out of the library called Christmas Treasures and it's by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer.
I haven't started it yet. Must finish the one I'm currently reading first.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I'm dreaming of snow too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love those colourful measuring cups and spoons. They should be fun to use.

Carol W. said...

I really like the measuring cups and spoons, so colorful! And the ice cream sounds very delicious!No snow ever here in Phoenix AZ, Lol.

Geraldine said...

What a yummy post. I think I'd love that ice cream, sounds so good! Happy Week to you!๐Ÿ˜‚

Onneli Winter said...

Love ice cream and cinnamon, they are like snow and christmas <3

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I invented new flavoured ice creams but they did not sell: garlic flavour, bacon, onion, mayonnaise, pickled cucumbers ...

God bless.

Adam said...

I work next to a walmart so I often can get stuff after or during lunch

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your snowy scenes look pretty. We do our food shopping once a week. The ice cream sounds delicious. Have a happy day!

Lisa said...

Your photos are post card perfect. I need to try that churro IceCream. I love ice cream with bits of crunch.
Lisa

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like those colorful cups and spoons. I haven't had new ones in years! Hope your morning was nice today. It was windy when I walked yesterday but in the 60s so not bad. I am going in the afternoons now for the warmer time of day. Happy walking my friend! Hugs!

Aritha V. said...

Snow, so nice to see. Be careful!

Debby Ray said...

Oh...that winter sky! It's very cold here too but no snow in the forecast yet. That ice cream flavor sounds kinda interesting!

ellen b. said...

I like the look of that lane. Glad your coat did the trick! Enjoy your evening!

CountryMum said...

Snow!! Wow!! So very picturesque.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your measuring cups and measuring spoons, they are lovely and colourful.

All the best Jan