Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 23, 2018

Morninig Moon

18 degrees this morning when I headed out the door for my walk
at 7:00.  First thing I saw was the moon from the top of my driveway.
Walked to town, around one of the cemeteries and through town
and back home again.
Over by the town pond the sun was just popping over the mountain.
No people out again but did see a few deer and a hopping rabbit.
Nice to see a bright blue sky and the sun shining on the way back home.
🦌     🐇     🦌
This morning made another batch of Welsh Cookies for the
sale at the Drane house on Dec 1.  One more batch to go and I'll be done.

We went to the library and I picked up the book for the book club
meeting next month.  Connie had put aside a large print edition for
me.  Don't need the large print but sure is easy on the eyes.
Checked out 3 other books while I was there.

Did some reading this afternoon.

I sat on the nice big step in my craft closet/room
and made a few weave-it squares.
 Ken came up from the basement and couldn't find me at first.
Then I heard him say. "Are you in the closet?"
Struck me funny.
 
 We got Foyles War from Netflix in the mail today and will
watch the first episode this evening.
Watched it a long time ago and liked it but don't remember much about it. 

We are still watching Midsomer Mysteries and have a couple of seasons to go yet.
I still like it with John Barnaby but
 liked it better with Tom Barnaby and Joyce.

That's it for today.
 Hope you had a good day and smiled often.
happyone  😊

11 comments:

Tom said...

...I always enjoyed Foyles War when it was on PBS years ago. Now Antiques Roadshow is about the only thing that I watch. Stay warm.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful photographs.
I used to enjoy watching Foyles War and Midsomer Murders.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

That winding road through the trees looks so beautiful.

Adam said...

The moon almost looks like a sun there

Granny Marigold said...

We used to watch Midsomer Murders and I preferred John B over his 'cousin' Tom.
That's the full moon you captured there I think. I had hoped to see it but clouds have moved in.

We went to the library today and picked up some books I had requested, some I hadn't, and even a Christmas movie. We're set now.

Onneli Winter said...

The lovely moon was here too, when i was Morning walk with the dog.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The original Midsomers were better.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty capture of the moon. The countryside scenes are lovely too. The cookies sound delicious. I am happy to borrow the ebooks from my library. Enjoy your day and weekend.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your photos sure show you have wide open spaces to walk and breathe and think. Must be lovely.

Aritha V. said...

Love your photos. The same moon here, but a little bit more small :-)

William Kendall said...

Your third shot is my favourite.