Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Another day to be thankful

I have a very warm coat from LL Bean that I wear on days when it dips
 below 20 degrees. I can't wear it above 20 degrees 
because I get too warm.
Today was one of those days for my very warm coat.
 It was 19 degrees and cloudy at 6:50 when I left on my walk.
I had on a long sleeve tee-shirt and a hooded sweatshirt under the coat.
It kept me toasty warm and in walking up the last steep hill to home
I was actually sweating.  

Walked to town and as expected didn't see anyone at all
and only a handful of cars passed by.

Walked around the lower graveyard and a little way in to town.
Spotted these sad looking shriveling  pumpkins.
It was just Ken and I here at the house for Thanksgiving but
we had a very nice day at home.
We had turkey and all the trimming and we had our dinner
2:00 this afternoon.
Too full yet for a piece of that pie but look forward to
having a piece a bit later.

I've been doing some reading and knitting this afternoon.

Happy Thanksgiving

I thank God for each and every day.  For the big things but all the every day little things too.  Here's just a quick list of 25 though there are many many more I could add.

  1. Always at the top of every thankful list is My Salvation.  So thankful that Jesus died for a sinner like me and assures me that I have a home in heaven. WOW what a gift!!
  2. Kenny my husband and best friend
  3. Our son David and though our daughter won't speak to us, I'm thankful for the happy memories I have.
  4. Our new house in the woods.
  5. For Ronnie for building our house
  6. Pastor Leatherman, not just a preacher but a true pastor and a man who practices what he preaches.
  7. Sunshine and yes rain and snow too.  (ice I could do without)
  8. A warm coat
  9. My church and church family
  10. Good friends 
  11. Ice Cream
  12. Morning Walks
  13. Books
  14. Good Health
  15. Happy Trails
  16. Indoor plumbing
  17. Living in Garrett County
  18. A front porch
  19. The Mexican Train Gang 😊
  20.  Finding pennies
  21. Smiles that people share with me
  22. Blogger friends
  23. My swing 
  24. Libraries
  25.  The views out of all the windows in my house

Enjoy your day and be thankful for it.
happyone  😊

13 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I love your list of things you are thankful for and more than that I love your attitude. Take care, G.M.

William Kendall said...

Quite a pretty sky!

It's probably roughly the same temperature here today.

Tom said...

...lots to be thankful for!

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy Thanksgiving Karen!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I know the day is almost done, but I trust you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous sunset! The pumpkins look a little sad. I hope you and Ken had a Happy Thanksgiving. I like your thankful list. Have a happy Friday and a great weekend.

happyone said...

Thanks. It was the start of the day, not the end. : )

ellen b. said...

Great thankful list! Sounds like a good relaxing day. We had a quiet day here, too. We ended up having steak for dinner. Today our son, dil, and grandgirlie will come for deep fried turkey. It will be our first one that we fry. Hope you have a good weekend.

Inger said...

Being thankful is one of the best things in life I believe.

Hill Top Post said...

I also have an L.L. Bean coat but only wear it when it is extremely cold. And then, I feel somewhat like the kid in The Christmas Story who can't put his arms down. :~)I enjoyed your list of things to be thankful for, most of which aren't so different from a list I might make.

Debby Ray said...

That is a great list. Keep praying for that daughter and she will come around. ♥

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely looking sky.
A little belated but Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you and Ken.

All the best Jan

Henny Penny said...

I like your "thankful list". Sounds like you and Ken had a nice Thanksgiving, just the two of you there. Some times it's just Poppy and me, which is okay too.