Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Dreary Weather

A cold freezing rain kept me from walking outside this morning
so did loops down in the basement.
Took the picture on my front porch.
On rainy days I either like to do house work or I get lazy
and just read.
Today I did both.  
In the morning I got some work done around the house.

The temperature hovered around 33 during the day so the ice 
started melting and then it was a drizzly rain on and off all day.

Walked down the end of the driveway to the mail box to pick up the mail
and that was the only time I was outside.
While out I took a picture of the neighbors barn.
You can kind of see a few cows in there.
In the afternoon I finished the book I was reading and started another.
 The book I finished was Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke.
In her books are some really good cookie and muffin recipes.
I copied a few of them from this book and will be trying
them one of these days.
I'm sure they will show up on my blog.

Got some knitting done this afternoon too.

A pretty dreary day but a good one all the same.
Nice to be warm and cozy in our house in the woods.
Hope you enjoyed your day.
happyone 😊

19 comments:

Tom said...

...cold sunny morning that turn to rain at noon. I guess it was a half and half day! Enjoy.

Granny Marigold said...

Isn't it a great idea to include recipes in a mystery book?

Joyful said...

I like the photo of the barn. It's good to have indoor activities ready for those dreary days :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have such beautiful scenes from your house! And I love a day to putter around the house and time to read. We put up Christmas lights today and I sewed some. I took the day off from hiking too. I'm still building my stamina...I can't go every day! I'm working on it though! Lots of hugs my friend!

Anonymous said...

Hey Happy. Hey do you have a royal icing recipe for sugar Christmas cookies?

peppylady (Dora) said...

It been calm and collect as the weather go. Cookies and knitting done now I call that making head way.
Coffee is on

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty scenes even with the weather. We had a chilly rainy day too, it is really foggy this morning. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day. Have a great new week ahead!

M.K. said...

Sounds like you were productive in spite of the weather. I love both photos, but I do love this kind of landscape in dreary, snowy, still weather. It's beautiful, but it's good to be inside in the warmth with a good book :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks very cold out there.

God bless.

Lisa said...

Dreary weather can be so peaceful. Its cold and foggy here today.
Lisa

John's Island said...

Neat photos, as always. I especially like the barn! Have a happy week ahead!

Adam said...

They blend it with the barn really well

Henny Penny said...

Even dreary days sound happy at your home in the woods. We started off dreary, but the sun came out this afternoon. Yesterday it rained all day long!

William Kendall said...

Dreary days can be quite photogenic. These takes certainly are.

happyone said...

There is a Royal Icing recipe on my recipe blog.

o2bhiking said...

Ah, that's the difference between us - you walk laps in your basement, I say, yuck, its pouring - time to take it easy. In my defense, we don't have a basement. But, less than a half mile away, we do have a fitness center with lots of treadmills, so I don't have any excuses, actually. Hmmm, death by blueberry muffin?

Melanie said...

Is it me or is it just plain colder earlier this year? We're in the low 20s some nights here and that didn't happen until later last year! Stay warm!

Lowcarb team member said...

It does look chilly in your photographs, nice to be warm and cosy indoors.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

We've been having some dreary weather, too, here. Makes indoor projects look good!