Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 16, 2018

Interesting pattern

The snow stopped mid morning.
Did think about walking but figured I'd be in the way of the 
snow plows.  Then there was that coat of ice to consider under the snow
so did laps inside this morning.

I count this as the first snow of the season.
Those few dustings didn't count.
So it was time to bring out the first jigsaw puzzle.
This is the one that Tricia gave us last month.
This is going to be a challenge but we are up to it.
Got all the pieces set out and the edges picked out.
Sorry for the blurry picture. 
Started right in with the next baby blanket.
This one will sure be a colorful one.
All these different colors and patterns are coming from that
one ball of yarn.  I'm going to put them together in the order that
they are made.  Will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Got our winter weather clothes on and went outside for a while in the afternoon.
It never made it out of the 20's.

Had to pick up a few things at the store so we hopped in the car
and went to the Shop and Save.

All week at church Don Williams has been speaking and doing
his chalk drawings.  He is 85 years old and still traveling around preaching
and doing his drawings.
Tonight was the last night at our church.
There are 6 drawings and they were given away tonight to the people
who brought the most visitors.
I didn't take any pictures but they will be hanging at church
through Sunday evening.  I'll try to take some pictures.

I'm off to do some reading before going to bed.
Pretty sure I'll be going for my walking walk
outside in the morning.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  😊

9 comments:

Adam said...

That's a big puzzle

Granny Marigold said...

Sounds like you have a 'tradition' of doing jigsaw puzzles once winter has arrived. Hours of fun!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like your table, it is beautiful. The blanket colors are lovely. I am too whimpy to walk outside in the cold. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend.

Tom said...

...ah, to have the patience to do puzzles!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Don't you just hate it when you do a jigsaw puzzle and at the end you find a piece missing. I have just finished a 500 piece puzzle and now I find I have an extra piece in the box. Is it one of yours?

God bless.

Vee said...

Puzzle time! That table makes a great, well-lit place for doing them. I am going to follow your logic about snowfalls and put yesterday’s on the calendar as the first significant one. Just when I finished my shoveling and scooping, along came my plowman so it was even a plowable one. (He opened up the space between the garages so there’ll be room for more. I like this new blanket, too, Very colorful, but there is just something about that other pattern that sings. One thing is sure, you can’t get bored with all the wonderful results.

William Kendall said...

I like doing jigsaw puzzles, but it's been some years now since I last did one.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the colours of your new blanket.
Wishing you good luck with the jigsaw puzzle :)

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Great weather for a jigsaw puzzle. That's going to be a fun blanket.