Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 19, 2018

In the craft closet/room

By 6:45 it was light enough outside for me to get out there and walk.
It was 34 degrees and mostly cloudy but did see a few glimpses of the sun.
Very calm, no wind at all which made it seem a lot warmer than 34.
Walked out to the main road and up to town.
Didn't walk through town though because the sidewalks aren't clear.
Walked up to the cemeteries and then home again.

Saw the usual deer running around but no people,
just the wavers in cars, trucks, and buses.
🦌     🦌     🦌
Made pancakes for breakfast and before I cleaned up the kitchen
What I like about this recipe is that it not only is delicious 
but it makes three loaves.
Taking one to church tomorrow.
Every year on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving our church has a
Pie and Praise night.
(there are pies but other desserts too)
We meet in the fellowship hall and have a fun time thanking God
for our many blessings during this year.

 I have a tall narrow dresser and took out the little bit of clothes I had
in it and added the clothes to my other dresser.
Then moved the narrow dresser to the closet in the office.
In the drawers now I have counted cross stitch projects and all that
goes along with that. 
There's also coloring books, crayons and pencils and some
odd and ends.
Looking in from the dresser
Took this picture from the top step.
The steps are big enough to fit 2 large totes on them and there are three steps.
The bottom step has nothing on it and is big enough for me to sit there.
I love this closet and call it my 'craft room.'

Did a little reading.
The book I'm reading is called No Brakes by Ellen Ann Callahan.
I'm liking it so far.
The author lives up here in Deep Creek which is 10 miles from where I live.
This is her first book and she has another one out too which I will be reading.

 We made it to Brenda's tonight for half price pizza.
Missed two weeks in a row.
We are getting to know quite a few people who go every Monday
and it's nice to see them and have a little chat.
Not only do I have walking friends, we now have pizza friends.  😊

 
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  😊

A look at our house through the woods from the lane.

20 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm sure that your house will disappear next year when the trees leaf out.

Inger said...

It must feel so good to have your house getting finished with all the small, but important, details coming together. Life is good, indeed.

Hill Top Post said...

Your "craft room" is so neat and organized. It seems to me that bottom step would make a good hideaway, just in case you should want one. :) I love looking through the woods at your lovely home.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Love the photo of the little evergreen tree amongst all the larger deciduous ones. I wish my closet was as organized as yours. I need to go back and look at some of your older posts ... I am wondering if you have moved from town out to your new house. Neat picture of the house through the trees! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Ken! John

William Kendall said...

You've made good use of that closet space!

ellen b. said...

Walking friends and pizza friends...I like that. Great use for the tall dresser!

Granny Marigold said...

I like your closet craft area. It's so tidy and organized too.

Joyful said...

I like your craft room. I have no craft room at all so having even a very small dedicated space where I can sit and close the door when I'm done would be awesome. I see a lot of what looks like weaving wool. Do you weave on looms?

Aritha V. said...

I love your room. It is so cozy. And also the last photo: the trees. It seems so cold outside there.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks so warm inside with all that snow outside.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your craft room closet is wonderful. Very organized. I like the view of your house through the woods. Our snow is melting, still have some piles around. Enjoy your day and week ahead.

Debby Ray said...

You have put that little space to good use and the little dresser is perfect for craft supplies!

happyone said...

Moved in the new house in the woods mid August.

happyone said...

The yarn is cotton and comes on the cones for knitting machines. I don't have a knitting machine but the yarn is cheaper.

Dianna said...

What a neat little "get-a-way" you have in your craft room! I love that sweet dresser that you moved in there, too. I hope you and Ken have a lovely Thanksgiving Day.

Lisa said...

I have a craft closet too!!! Gotta do what ya gotta do! Yours is lovely and giving me some inspiration!
Lisa

Angie said...

Pie and Praise - a clever name! I don't have a craft room in my current house … hmmm - you've made me consider what I might be able to do in that regard … right now my projects are scattered around the house. Glad you are still able to get out and walk with the weather. We put up our Christmas lights yesterday - it was chilly but the sun was out and it felt much warmer than it was. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

M.K. said...

It is good to make friends with neighbors in the community and see them regularly. Your little craft nook is lovely! You can fit a lot of projects in there. Henny Penny said you have a fence I need to view, and now I shall go hunting for it. I've been negligent in blog reading, and I am SO behind!

Lowcarb team member said...

I must say that walking friends and pizza friends sounds good :)

All the best Jan

Carol W. said...

I was just looking at the pine tree picture ... that tree would make a perfect looking Christmas tree. I love your craft room! I never have enough room for my crocheting yarn and my sewing supplies.