Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Chalk Drawings

I had mentioned last week that Don Williams preached at our church
all last week and did chalk drawings each evening.
There were 6 drawings in all and I took pictures of them this morning
at church but only two of them came out.
They happened to be my two favorites ones.
The part that is in the middle has a hidden Biblical picture that
is revealed when a black light is shown on it.


A hymn for this Sunday

Thank You, Lord
~ Seth and Bessie Sykes

Some thank the Lord for friends and home.
For mercies sure and sweet.
But I would praise Him for His grace
In prayer I would repeat.

Some thank Him for the flowers that grow,
Some for the stars that shine;
My heart is filled with joy and praise
Because I know He's mine.

I trust in Him from day to day,
I prove His saving grace;
I'll sing this song of praise to Him
Until I see His face.

Refrain
Thank you Lord, for saving my soul,
Thank you Lord, for making me whole. 
Thank you Lord, for giving to me,
Thy great salvation so rich and free.


I Thessalonians 5:18
In everything give thanks,
For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

A blessed Sunday to you.
happyone  🙂

18 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing that hymn. I did not realize that there were verses to it.I have known the chorus forever.

Tom said...

...amazing, I guess that I will have to stick with my camera.

ellen b. said...

Thank you Lord! Love the chalk art!

Vee said...

The chorus is so familiar and I can sing along, but I have no idea about the verses. Those paintings make me wish for a black light.

Carol W. said...

Very good chalk drawings! And thank you for the blessing of the hymn! God bless you both!

Adam said...

Hard to believe that is chalk.

Granny Marigold said...

The chalk pictures are very lovely. How interesting that a picture is hidden within a picture.

Terra said...

The artist is very talented and I like the mysterious aspect too.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Don Williams ?????

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, they are beautiful pictures. He is talented. Happy Monday, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

Melanie said...

That song was one of the first I learned after I was saved. The pictures are amazing. I wish I could have seen them with the black light.

Debby Ray said...

Wow...those are pretty amazing! And I haven't heard that hymn in a good while...beautiful words!

happyone said...

Doc Williams is an Independent Baptist evangelist who travels to different churches preaching the gospel and uses his drawing talent in his preaching. He is 85 years old and still going. He has been coming every year to our church for 26 years.

Lisa said...

These are beautiful! I love chalk drawings. They all tell a story.
Lisa

William Kendall said...

They're very well done.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Sorry Happyone ... you said Don Williams at the top of your Blog and I thought you meant the singer.

God bless.

happyone said...

Don Williams is his name but we call him Doc. Sorry for the confusion.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful pictures.

All the best Jan