Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

A good looking pumpkin pie 😊

 Left the house on my walk this morning at 7:00.
It was VERY windy and 28 degrees, and mostly cloudy but
did see some blue sky every now and then.
I was nice and warm in all my 5 layers of clothes!!
 Walked out to the main road and then up to town.
Sidewalks still not cleared in town so walked around the cemeteries
and then back home.

When the snow plows go through town all the snow gets thrown
up on the sidewalks and it takes a while for the snow to melt.
Only a couple of people shovel their sidewalks.

No one else out walking and didn't see any deer this morning either.
The deer may be in hiding because of the hunters.
I did hear a few gun shots.
I have nothing against hunters but just can't imagine shooting a deer.
I tell all the deer I see to run up to Happy Trails for sanctuary.
🦌     🦌     🦌
Did the usual morning house chores.
Got pork chops started in the slow cooker mid morning so that
took care of supper.

Made a Pumpkin Pie this afternoon.
Before I started I told Ken that it would probably turn out
perfect because it was just for the two of us.
Well, I was right.
It is the nicest looking pumpkin pie I think I've ever made!!
Hope it tastes as good as it looks.
I have quartz counter tops and though I like them, I like the Corian better.
 BUT the quarts is great to roll dough out on, so I've changed
my mind about the quartz.

We've been home today just enjoying puttering around the house.

We have so much to be thankful and our new home is up near the top.

A happy day to you.
happyone  😊

15 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your pie does look perfect. The poor deer, I hope the season for hunting ends soon so they can get back to peace and quiet.

Joyful said...

Your pie looks wonderful. Best looking pumpkin pie I've seen :-) The scenery and photos are beautiful even if the weather is not so good. I don't normally wear layers of clothing but these days I like to try not to get cold at all so now I'm wearing 2 layers both indoors and out as well as the usual gloves, scarf and sometimes hat. We've been fortunate that so far it isn't been cold for very many days and in between coldish days there are quite warm ones. Happy Thanksgiving :-)

Tom said...

...I have no problem with hunting, but could never point a gun anything. Nice pumpkin pie! Happy Thanksgiving.

Inger said...

Your pie looks so delicious, congrats and enjoy it, just the two of you.

Sandi said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

William Kendall said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That pie looks amazing.

Granny Marigold said...

You're right. So often food looks the best when it's not terribly important that it should. I'm sure that pie will taste as good as it looks!

Adam said...

Happy Thanksgiving

eileeninmd said...

Your pie looks yummy! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

God bless.

Kerri Farley said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Recomenzar said...

beautiful blog you have and I just discovered you.
Thank you for sharing it

ellen b. said...

That is one mighty fine looking pie! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow!
Wonderful looking pie … enjoy it.

All the best Jan