Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 09, 2018

Money Cupcakes

This morning I woke up to a cold rain coming down
with a good bit of wind and the gloomy morning turned
into a gloomy afternoon as well.
A good day to stay inside.

Had to make due with getting my steps done walking loops
around the basement.

Did a little bit of cleaning but not very much.

After lunch we went to the library and I picked up a book
that was on hold for me and also got the next book in the 
Little House on the Prairie series.

This afternoon I baked some cupcakes for Sunday for the kids in
Sunday school.  I baked 4 dozen chocolate ones today and will bake 
2 dozen white ones tomorrow.
These are special cupcakes that have money inside.
It's an annual thing and the kids really look forward to it.
The money is folded up in tinfoil and put at the bottom of a 
cupcake paper.  The batter is then poured on top and
baked as usual.
The rest of the rainy day I read.

Tonight I'm going to start knitting another slipper
 and sew some weave-it squares together.  
I have just 8 more squares to make to finish the latest baby blanket.

That's been my day.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  ❣️

19 comments:

William Kendall said...

I assume the money is coinage.

happyone said...

No, it is bills tightly folded up. Most have dollar bills but three of them have a 5 dollar bill.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad you answered my question ( previous comment reply). I thought it would be coins too. My mom would sometimes make a cake with different things in it. I remember a coin meant you'd someday be rich; a button meant you'd be a bachelor; there were other tokens too but I can't remember them.

Tom said...

...priceless cupcakes!

Lisa said...

Ive never heard of doing money or surprise cupcake. These comments are interesting too.
Cool Idea. I bet the kids really do look foward to this.
Lisa

Adam said...

I wished they had those cupcakes when I was a kid.

Joyful said...

I sure wish they put money in cupcakes when I was a kid, lol. What a nice thing to do for the children. So glad your basement is large enough for you to get some walking exercise done when the weather is inclement. Have a wonderful weekend.

Joyful said...

Wow! I thought they were coins too until I read this comment and answer.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am sure the kids love those cupcakes.I remember Mom putting money in a birthday cake on occasion.That was so special.

Dianna said...

It was rainy and windy here too, of course. Since we didn't do our shopping on our normal day we were out and about in the rain today. :) I like your way of spending the day...inside doing fun things. I know the kids at your church will love your cupcakes! Thank you for brightening someone's day by doing that.

Hill Top Post said...

November does give us some gloomy days, for sure. Your sunset photo from the porch is gorgeous (from the day before). I have been practicing with my phone camera, but not having the success you do.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it has been rainy and windy here. I am sure the children love these money cupcakes. Enjoy your day and weekend!

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, The idea of putting the money at the bottom of the cupcakes for kids is just wonderful. Your church group sounds great! Thanks, as always, for sharing and have a great weekend! PS I left you a reply for your last comment on my blog.

William Kendall said...

I guess the tin foil must protect the cash nicely during the baking then.

Aritha V. said...

You read? That is the best thing you can do on those rainy days.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a fun thing for the kids! They'll remember that for their whole lives! Hope you have a good weekend! It's cooled off here some so I was out on the trail this morning. Hugs, Diane

Lowcarb team member said...

I've not heard of money cupcakes before, I am sure the children will really enjoy them.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Money cupcakes...who knew? I can see why the kids would enjoy that.

Henny Penny said...

I've never heard of that either. Sounds like fun for the children. You are always doing something good.