Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 03, 2018

My natural fence and Ken's rock wall

64 degrees this morning at 7:15 when I left on my morning walk.
A cloudy and windy morning.
Walked into town and around both cemeteries and back home again.
Picture taken from the cemetery at the top of the hill.
Saw Lisa running out of town as I was walking to town and we stopped for a chat.

Just about to start that last 1/2 mile up the steep hill to home
when I saw Ken on the way home in the car.
He had gone to town to get some donuts at the Rolling Pin Bakery.
I ALMOST hopped in the car so I didn't have to walk up the hill
BUT decided I'd better to walk to work off those donuts. 😊

Neighbor Ron was driving down the hill and stopped to say hi.

The meter reader man was out reading meters this morning
in his truck and he passed me a number of times.
As he turned in a driveway to read the meter I would walk past
the driveway and then he would pass me going to the next driveway.
Finally he stopped and said with a smile, "I'm really not following you."

No sun on my walk but it did come out later in the day.

Did a few things around the house in the morning and in the afternoon
went outside.
Finished clearing the front yard.
No mowing required here. 😊
There's the swing that needs painting.
We sat out there for a break and ate an apple. 
When we finish the apple we throw the core and see who can throw
it the farthest.  I won this time because Ken's hit a tree.
This is the natural fence I made with the dead fall and trees we cut down.
 Ken finished the rock on one side of the driveway.
That's been my day so far
an now its time to go make supper.

A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in 
their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within."
~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

Your property looks ready for fall. That first shot particularly stands out to me. What a view!

Kerin said...


Both fences were surely a tremendous amount of work, but the payoff is huge, for they are both beautiful, and enhance your property a great deal.

~K.

Ruth Hiebert said...

No lawn to mow sounds like a good way to be.

Tom said...

...your fence was popular years ago!

Granny Marigold said...

How nice that there's no lawn to mow!!

Adam said...

Neat idea for a fence. I'd do that here but the neighbors would miss their trees.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice rock wall!

Anonymous said...

Love the rock wall...

Vee said...

The rock wall looks wonderful and your hedgerow looks great, too. It will be fun to see how it evolves with plants growing over it and birds beginning to use it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the natural fence and the rock wall. Your swing is in a pretty spot.
Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Onneli Winter said...

That rock wall looking so good, so natural <3

John M said...

Very natural, it's looking good.

Debby Ray said...

That a very cool natural fence and Ken's rock wall looks really nice. What a perfect area for your swing as well!

Lisa said...

I love rock walls but I'm really liking the natural wall you built. That is a great idea for the fallen brush.
Everything looks so pretty and the view is Awesome
Lisa

Elaine said...

Sometime you should do a before and after set of pictures, since I am pretty sure you did pictures before and during various build stages.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You sure have a beautiful place to sit outside! It feels calming....even through the photos! Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see your photographs...
I do like the rock wall.

All the best Jan

M.K. said...

Both your fence and his wall look grand! I love those natural "wattle" fences. Good job!