Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 02, 2018

A warm fall

 Left a 7:00 again and it was 60 degrees.  Could see some blue in the sky,
but dark clouds around too.

About 1 mile away from home I saw lightning and then the
first clap of thunder. 
Thought about going back home home but the storm seemed far away.
There were dark clouds on one side of the sky and
blue sky on the other.
Another half mile and now I'm on the main road and I felt
the first drops of rain.
A couple of minutes later it came down pretty hard and it wasn't
long before I was soaking wet.
Almost called Ken to have him pick me up and then the rain stopped
and the sun came out. 

Walked to town and up and down the main road through town
and then made a big loop on the side streets.
By the time I got back home I was almost dry again.

This is the road where I see all the deer right down from my house.
They cross the road from both sides, some are walking down
the middle of the road, and then there are the ones I hear snorting
as I walk passed.
Funny to see them all disappear so quickly into the woods when I walk by.
Must have seen around 15 of them today.
This morning we continued working out front clearing dead fall and working
on the driveway rock wall.
After lunch we were back outside doing more of the same.

We had a fine time last night at the Beacon of Truth Rally
and got back home around 11:00.
There were some people from our church there too.
 We left the staple machines there for others to see so didn't
have to bring the trailer back.
Going again this evening and will bring the staple machines back.
Our Pastor will be preaching tonight so it will be more good preaching. 😊

It has been warm for this time of year and I'm thinking that is
why we aren't having a colorful Fall this year.
The leaves are just turning brown and falling off the trees.
This is the most colorless Fall I've ever seen.

Posting early again because won't have time this evening.

A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"Deep down in me I knowed it was a lie, and He knowed it.
You can't pray a lie - I found that out."
~ Mark Twain

20 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like that sky photo.It's been just overcast and grey here for a few days.It's chilly toots not great to be outside.

Tom said...

...warm here too. It has been raining today, I'm not complaining. We had such a dry summer. I'm headed to the mountain to see if I can fine some color.

William Kendall said...

What a dazzling sky!

Ivy Green said...

I hope you still have a chance for a colorful fall. I'm not sure about Garrett County but when I lived in Cecil County, the peak of color was the last week of October.

Lowcarb team member said...

What wonderful cloud formations in your first photograph.
Wishing you happy days ahead.

All the best Jan

Inger said...

A beautiful sky picture and I love the country road too.

Adam said...

It's all green so far here on the trees

Joyful said...

I love that cloud photo. Simply stunning.

Granny Marigold said...

Your weather changes very quickly it seems.
I like the cloud photo.

Angie said...

What a glorious shot of the sky and clouds … you are one persistent person - most people would have turned around at the first smattering of rain drops!

Lisa said...

It think its unseasonably warm here too. Your right. The leaves are not turning. Just fallng slowly. It seems we have a colorful Fall every other year.
Lisa

Silver in AZ said...

I can almost smell the unique smell of wet asphalt. :)

Vee said...

Perhaps it is merely a delayed autumn and color will come. Ours is certainly late. I love to hear the snort of deer...a sound I may not hear again not being out in the woods. Another deer was hit and killed eating apples from an overhanging tree. I am glad they are leaving my roses alone because they look better now than they did all summer.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the view looking down the road. Beautiful sky shot. I am seeing brown leaves falling, only a few colorful trees around. Enjoy your day!

Melanie said...

We don't have much turning of colors here yet but then it is early for TN. That is sad that your colors aren't coming out this year. A rainy walk doesn't sound like much fun but I'm glad the lightening didn't get near you.

Debby Ray said...

Beautiful sky shot!

Sandi said...

Peaceful views...ahh.

I posted a comment earlier, but I was having problems with blogger. It looks like it did not appear. I think I have it fixed now! But if you got two, that's why. :)

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

A lovely walk, perhaps the deer are watching you walk by, wondering where you’re going and what you’re up to xx

Elaine said...

Well I didn't think about it but you are right. There isn't much color in the trees - even in our area. Crazy weather, crazy seasons.

M.K. said...

We are still very warm here too, for October -- lower 90s, and upper 80s. Ugh. I have a friend who's visiting in Boston and New Hampshire and posting lovely fall color photos. I wish!