Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

A Sunny Day

Left again this morning at 7:30 for my walk
but this time there was no rain or wind, just a few clouds that
gave way to sunshine.
It was 40 degrees.
Walked to town and went to the library to drop a book down the book drop.
Then walked a bit around town before walking back home.
Walking down the main road just about to where I turn off 
Kathy went by in the car heading to town for her walk.
 The usual bus drivers and people on their way to work  
all gave a wave or beep as they passed by me.
Sure was nice to have a walk in the sunshine.
☀️     ☀️
In the morning we headed over to church to load the trailer
with the Roman's books we assembled during the last few months.
We will be taking them down to Stanton,Va one day soon
and picking up another pallet for us to assemble.

While out we stopped at Taco Bell for lunch.
We went through the drive through and sat in the parking lot
and ate.  I had a couple of the mini chicken quesadillas which
are pretty good.
I looked up the recipe for the sauce they use in them
when we got home and will give it a try.

Read a bit this afternoon, A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny.

For supper I made one of Ken's favorite meals
Spinach and Bean Soup but I don't have a recipe written down.
It's made with
spinach
cannelli beans
garlic
pepperoni

That's it for today.
Hope you had a happy day.
happyone  💕

18 comments:

Tom said...

...today start with some frost of my windshield, sunny and a blue sky. High of 53F. BEAUTIFUL!

William Kendall said...

Quite a difference a little time makes for that sky!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love Louise Penny and try to read all of her books. I need to see if there are any new ones I've missed. Enjoy your evening!

Vee said...

Pretty mums...like a pot of sunshine. Glad that you walked in sunshine today and not in wind and rain. Did you give up your plan of parking the car at your former home?

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sunshine looks wonderful.

Ivy Green said...

I'm just starting out on Louise Penny. I've heard she has legions of loyal readers, so they must be good stories.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your early morning pictures! We are expecting a rainy day for Halloween, so it will be a sloshy walk for us (and the trick-or-treaters). My favorite place to eat out is...out in the pickup truck! :~)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yet another busy day.

God bless.

Kerin said...

Beautiful pictures...thanks for sharing them with us.
The soup recipe sounds intriguing. Thanks for the ingredient list; as I can generally make a recipe if I know the ingredients :)

~K.

happyone said...

No, that is just another option if I can't wait for it to get light out : ).

ellen b. said...

Your food sounds delicious! Happy sunshine day to you. Today we have rain and more rain. Our first good and steady shower. Enjoy your day!

Debby Ray said...

Beautiful morning for a walk, indeed! I will have to look for those mini chicken quesadillas...they sound good!

Lisa said...

That soups sound delicious! We like to make a spinach soup with onions and squash.
Lisa

Breathing In Grace said...

Seventy degrees here right now, cloudy, with rain in the forecast, then lower temps. We don't celebrate Halloween, but it will be nice for the little kiddos this evening. ALWAYS love all of your photos.

Granny Marigold said...

Are you enjoying the Louise Penny book? I went through a time a few years back where I was reading one after another of her books then I just quit. Maybe I'll try another one one day soon.

happyone said...

Yes, I do like it, very much, will finish it later this evening.

Adam said...

Daisy loves Taco Bell

Lowcarb team member said...

Aren't those 'mums' a wonderful colour.

All the best Jan