Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 05, 2018

Foggy morninig sunny afternoon

57 degrees this morning and foggy when I went walking at 7:00.
Walked the Hilly Loop route.
Herd 6 here were just waking up.
An older man in a red pick up truck passes me often when I'm walking.
Today he stopped to talk to me.
He asked me if I ever went fishing in the river.
Told him I'm no fisherman just a walker. 
Everyone is very friendly around here.  

Thought this sun looked interesting this morning.
The round sun can be seen through the fog with the rays of the sun
shining through the cloud beneath it.
This morning we went to Spring, PA for the Folk Festival
that is held there every year.  This was the first year that we went.
It was the typical festival with lots of homemade crafts, demonstrations, and food.
It was nice walking around looking at everything and the only thing
we bought was fresh roasted peanuts.

The fog burned off and we had a nice sunny day.
When we got home, we changed into our work clothes and went
out in the yard.
I'll have to wait till next week to do more concrete work because
5 of my fingers have sore spots on them from where the
concrete rubbed them raw right through my work gloves.

 Ken did more of the rock wall up along the side of the driveway
and I started clearing the dead fall and making another natural
fence along another part of the yard.
Before
Still a lot to do but made a good start.
After
 My mother used to be outside helping my step-dad do all kinds
of projects like I do with Ken.
 My step-dad would call her 'Bill' when they worked outside.
I have a pair of her old jeans that I use as work pants and Ken has
now started calling me Bill when we work.  😊

 It's been a good and happy day.
Hope yours was a good one too.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"Old times" never come back and I suppose it's just as well.
What comes back is a new morning every day in the year,
and that's better.
~ George E Woodberry

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I love a foggy start to the day, hoping that to or row is that way.

Granny Marigold said...

I've always enjoyed working side by side with my husband through the years. Now we've slowed down a lot and I tend to work beside one of my sons. Your natural fence is coming along well and is looking good. Same with the rock wall.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I smile when you talk about working outside together.That is so special.Jake and I used to do just that's I realize just how special these everyday things can be,

Ivy Green said...

I hope your fingers heal quickly and be happy hands again very soon!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos Happyone. We've had a little mist lately, no fog as yet. It's getting dark sooner too.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the foggy scenes and cattle. You and your hubby are hard workers. Enjoy your day and weekend!

Kerin said...

l love the fog, and your pictures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your foggy scenes with us.
I think it's sweet that your hubby calls you 'Bill'.
I can just imagine the twinkle in his eyes when he says that :)
My hubby and I always work together too... it's the best!

Have a great weekend.
Smiles :)
~K>

Adam said...

That's a deep fog

William Kendall said...

That really is thick fog. It does give photographs a sense of drama.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, You continue to be an inspiration to me with your regular posting, going for walks, and sharing the neat photos you take along the way. It is really a pleasure following along with you and Ken. Hope you two have a fine weekend and thank you for your kind words on my blog. John

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Well..........Bill........so good that you and your husband work together on things! LOL I love foggy days and I love walking in the fog! Your photos are so pretty! It is nice that friendly people still take time to stop and chat on their way! Love the rock wall!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Pretty foggy morning! Love the rock wall and I love your new nickname ......Bill! LOL

Happy@Home said...

Your story about Ken calling you Bill is so sweet. You two seem to work well together and the fruits of your labor are looking very nice.

o2bhiking said...

I like that stone wall, Bill, er Happy-K! The folk festival sounds like a good time.