Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 26, 2018

Cookie Cutters

Most Friday's Ken meets his friend Edd at Denny's for breakfast.
He leaves a little past 6:30 and today I left with Ken and he dropped 
me off in town.  This way I could start walking in the dark because
of the street lights in town.
I figured I had time for 5 miles in town and then start for home
and Ken would pick me up along the way.
It was 38 degrees with a bit of a wind and by the time the sun
should have been up it was cloudy.
After walking the 5 miles I headed for home.  Kept an eye out for
Ken but he was a little later than usual and I walked all the home 
and arrived a few minutes before he did.
So I ended up walking 7 miles.
I felt no different than if I had walked 4 miles and I really could just
keep walking all day long. 
I do enjoy my walks. ๐Ÿ™‚
๐ŸŽƒ     ๐ŸŽƒ
I have a collection of old cookie cutters, the kind with the
wooden handle.  I went through them today and picked out
the red ones and hung them above the kitchen cabinets.
Put some old kitchen tools up there too.
Pictures didn't come out that great but here they are.
I think it looks a bit sparse up there so might add some of the cookie cutters
 with the green handles too but haven't decided yet.

I had a couple of buttons to sew on Ken's shirt
and a couple on one of my dresses and have been putting it off for quite a while. 
One of those jobs that I put off that only takes
a few minutes to do.
Feels good having gotten that done this afternoon
and wonder why I just didn't do it before.

Here are the colors I'm using for the latest baby blanket.
The Carron Simply Soft yarn is so nice and soft and easy to work with.
Tonight I'll sew the squares together that I've already made.
 30 done with 40 more to go.
I'll get some reading done, watch an episode of Midsommer
and have my ice cream snack.  Lately I've been eating Cookies and Cream.

It's been a good day.
Hope yours was a good one too.
Happy Day
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

17 comments:

Tom said...

...my mother had cookie cutters like these, a nice look back. Thanks.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! The cookie cutters are so cute! Great idea! Wow! You DID have a long walk today!

Granny Marigold said...

I like the kitchen tools and cookie cutters mounted on the high wall. They really stand out against the blue background.

Adam said...

cute kitchen decor

Vee said...

Seven miles! Yes, I think you could walk all day. ๐Ÿ˜ The cookie cutters and vintage kitchen tools look very nice up there. If you go with green, won’t it look odd unless you sprinkle them in with the rest. Could be a good reason to visit a flea market. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hill Top Post said...

After having walked seven miles, hanging all of your oh-so-fun cookie cutters and kitchen gadgets would be quite a job! I love the touch of red these pieces add to your beautiful kitchen.

Dianna said...

I missed you yesterday. I like your idea of the cookie cutters being used as kitchen decor.

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a neat idea to display those cookie cutters like that! It adds some extra color without being over powering.

Carol W. said...

I really like the cookie cutter & utensil motif in your kitchen. Really makes it look comfy. God bless you on your walking trips!

Joyful said...

You've been very busy. I don't think I've ever seen those kind of cookie cutters. They are very nice. Do you use them too when making Christmas cookies? I like the colours of the baby blanket. I've been using Caron Big Cakes for some of my afghans. I find it much nicer to work with than other yarns.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Do you have to climb up a ladder every time you need a cookie cutter, or kitchen utensil? That's additional exercise to walking every day.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the cookie cutters look cute there. I like the color of the baby blanket. happy weekend to you!

William Kendall said...

Very creative with the kitchen tools!

happyone said...

Yesterday was Fingerprint Day. : )

happyone said...

I have used them once in a while. I have other cookie cutters that I use too.

happyone said...

I stand on a chair if I want to use one. Use them once in a while but have others too.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the colours you are using for the latest baby blanket.

All the best Jan