Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 27, 2018

Added More

Dark, cold and rainy this morning so we decided to go to LaVale
first thing this morning and do our food shopping.
Wanted to go early to get it over with and since it is Saturday 
by afternoon there would be too many people.
Planned on walking later when I got home.

Still rainy and dreary when we got home so I just ended up walking
the loop in the basement.  That inside loop sure comes in handy.

This afternoon I went ahead and dug out a few more kitchen utensils
out of the box in the basement and put them and some more of
the cookie cutters up above the cabinets.
I like it much better with more things up there.













 I like old boxes and stacked some of them up and put out my cookbooks
and a few other things.















Ken likes to cook once in a while and when we were shopping he picked
out some veggies and steak for a stir fry and cooked supper tonight.
It was very good.  He doesn't use a recipe just whips it up on his own.
I still do the clean up, but it sure is nice to have husband who likes
to cook once in a while.  🙂

We were running low on ice cream so stopped at the Shop and Save
and picked up a good supply of it on sale.

That's about it for today.
Another good one and hope yours was too.
happyone  💕

18 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Yum, veggies and steak for a stir fry sounds good.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...I like your eclectic mix.

Vee said...

Yes, it looks great with the added things. I like your boxes display, too. Glad you had a good day; mine was tempered by a Nor’easter and it actually snowed much of the day. 🤨

Joyful said...

Beautiful scenery. You do have a lot of cookie cutters so it's great you put them to good use. I like old wooden boxes too.

Hill Top Post said...

You have created a beautiful border with your wonderful collection - better than any wallpaper. I love the blue. You have inspired me to take even longer walks. Today, I added another mile, but there is no way I can ever walk seven.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I really like the old boxes book shelves.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the view of the cows. The cookie cutters and the old boxes look wonderful. My hubby likes to cook sometimes too, we take turns. Have a happy day and a great new week!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

My sweet hubby cooked stir fry one night this week too. It tastes better when someone else cooks it, doesn't it? Love those old boxes and your neat cookie cutters. Enjoy your day!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Sometimes when the hubby cooks I wonder if the mess is worth it! Hope yours is less messy than mine.

William Kendall said...

Your last shot particularly appeals to me.

Sandi said...

Oh, wow! You placed those so evenly and neatly. That looks like a lot of work.

Carolyn said...

Love your kitchen decorating! Very unique!

Inger said...

Your house is coming together so nicely. No rain here, wish we would get some soon.

ellen b. said...

The more the merrier! I, too, enjoy a husband who can cook and chooses to do it! Happy new week to you!

Henny Penny said...

Oh wow! What a collection of old cookie cutters and things. I like how you have displayed them. I like old boxes too. I've got to tell you, I've been working on a fence made from brush; sticks and tree limbs and I love it. And to think of all that we have thrown away (dragged into the woods) over the years. It's fun and looks pretty too. Have you ever posted a picture of your fence?

Melanie said...

I think your utensil arrangement is so cute! I would never have thought about doing something like that! A cute idea for old boxes too. I like a rustic look. Have a lovely week, Karen

happyone said...

Yes, I've posted a couple and will be posting more.

Kerin said...

Cute collection of kitchen utensils... love the red knobs and handles on some of them.

My sweet hubby and I trade off with kitchen cooking duties...if one of us cooks, then the other one cleans up. We generally cook and clean up together and enjoy creating delicious meals for the two of us :)

Have a happy day.
~K.