Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Bit of color

This morning I left the house at 7:30.
It was 30 degrees, windy, just getting light and the sun was on its way up.
A bit of color in the sky as I walked down my road.
Walked to town and around both cemeteries and back home again.
Saw the usual deer running back and forth across the road.
Ken said when I was walking he watched about 20 deer 
running around out back. 
Found a penny again today.
Did a couple loads of laundry.  I've been hanging the laundry on
my drying rack.  Don't have a clothes line yet.  I think that will
have to wait until spring now.  
We will be putting a deck out back next year and the clothes line
will be on that.

We've had a bit of sunshine today but it's been mostly
cloudy and very windy.  Feels more like March.
 Did some reading today and also made a few weave-its.

I bake Snickerdoodle Cookies and we sure do like them but had
never heard of Snickerdoodle Bread before until I saw the recipe on
blogger friend Lisa's Blog.
Saved the recipe and today baked the bread.
Ken and I shared a piece as soon as it was cool enough
to handle and it was delicious.
I'll be having more tonight instead of ice cream.

 If you would like the recipe I've put it on my recipe blog,
Karen's Kitchen
Snickerdoodle Bread

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
happyone  💕

22 comments:

Tom said...

..what a sky to start your day.

Michelle said...

Thank you for the recipe. The cookies are a favorite of ours.

William Kendall said...

The colours in that sky are beautiful.

My mother made snickerdoodles for many years in the lead up to Christmas. They were good.

Pom Pom said...

Snickerdoodle ANYTHING has to be yummy! Such pretty photos! Fall is so lovely.

Sandi said...

Beautiful pictures!

The bread sounds yummy...

ellen b. said...

Beautiful color in your morning sky! I'm going to have to try that bread!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh such gorgeous sights!

Granny Marigold said...

That rosy almost-sunrise picture is so lovely.
Now I'm off to check out Snickerdoodle bread!

Dianna said...

Hmmm...Snickerdoodle bread! Sounds yummy. :)

Loved your sunrise picture from this morning. You have such lovely views, Karen.

Ivy Green said...

I thought the sky was on fire.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your first picture of the day; nice contrast of silhouettes and morning's rosy glow.

Adam said...

Pretty sky

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful red sky. Hey ... you found another penny. Hope this new route is just as profitable as from the old house.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sky shot is beautiful. The deer are scarce here now, it is hunting season. The bread sounds delicious. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

Wow! That's a gorgeous picture!
I've had snickerdoodle bread before, and it is delish!
Thanks for including the link.

Smiles :)
~K.

Onneli Winter said...

Sky is like waiting that more color is coming :) in that first picture.

Vee said...

What a stunning sky!

o2bhiking said...

Lovely sky photo. Ouuhh, cookies! Looks like the leaves are finally changing up your way. I was disappointed with the colors on my hike near Ohiopyle, PA two weeks ago.

Henny Penny said...

That bit of color in the sky is beautiful. The snikerdoodle bread does sound good. I baked two loaves of zucchini bread yesterday.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Lisa said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad you enjoyed the snickerdoodle bread.
The sunrises and sunsets are always so pretty this time of year.
Lisa

Lowcarb team member said...

Two lovely photographs Karen …

All the best Jan