Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Checkers anyone?

Chilly and rainy this morning so decided to get
my steps inside walking around the loop in the basement.
 Made pancakes for breakfast and then got put a meat loaf
in the slow cooker started for supper.

It's been kind of a lazy day around here.
We went out and did a couple of errands and that's about it.
I finished reading Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder and enjoyed it.
Next one up is Little House on the Prairie and will probably start
it later.

It was a nice day to stay inside and play a came of checkers
as these two decided to do.
 It rained pretty much all day until late afternoon when the sun came out
which was a nice surprise.
It did cloud up and rain again later and they are calling
for 1 - 3 inches of snow tonight.
We shall see.

 A happy day to you.
happyone 💕 

15 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh, I love that last picture you've shared …
It's a long time since I last played this game.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

I like your cute little friends playing Checkers. A game I don't much like to play because I always lose!

Anonymous said...

Oh they look as though they are enjoying a good game of checkers :-)

ellen b. said...

Snow! Yikes. Glad you have a nice loop in your basement to walk.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sure turned cold in a hurry! I saw the frost in your previous post too. It looks pretty! We have a change coming tomorrow so it will start feeling more like hiking weather here....high will be 78 instead of 90! Have a good weekend! Oh...I love those cute bears. They look like they are out of old quilts!

Adam said...

I'm backing the yellow bear to win.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sometimes those rainy days are the very best.

Onneli Winter said...

Tammi (in Finnish) nice game :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I have never played checkers with a Teddy Bear; but I did lose a game to a Ken doll once.

God bless.

Tom said...

...I like checkers, chest is too hard for me!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the bears at the checker game are cute. We may have a frost tonight, I hope we do not have any snow yet. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Have a great new week ahead!

William Kendall said...

I like that checkerboard set up!

We've had more snowflakes falling around this morning, but the ground's not yet cold enough for it to stick.

happyone said...

You are right they are. A friend made them years ago.

Sandi said...

Meatloaf in the slow cooker?!

I think you just inspired me. :)

Debby Ray said...

You're reading the Little House books...awesome! How are you liking them so far? Never made a meatloaf in the slow cooker before...I might just have try that sometime! Your checkers game is adorable.