Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 19, 2018

First lesson

Left my house this morning at 7:30 when it was light and walked to town.  
It was 30 degrees and we had our first frost.
The sun was out and there was no wind.
My friend Kathy who I met walking asked me last week if she could
have a tour of the new house.  I told her to stop by any time and 
I'd give here one.
I had the feeling that she wouldn't just drop in so I planned to
see her this morning while we were walking and ask if she wanted to see 
the house today.
When I got to town her car wasn't in the parking lot so I knew she
wasn't in town yet.  After I had walked 4 miles and hadn't seen
her, thought she wouldn't be walking today.
I had just started back home when I spotted her car
just getting to town so I went back.
Yes, she said to seeing the house today.  So I walked her walk
with her (3 miles) and then she drove us both to my house.
Gave her the tour and when she left Ken said you two sure
can talk.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ken and I continued to work on the brick in front of the garage
and worked till lunch time.
After lunch we went to an hour class at the college  
about managing water runoff on your property.
It was very interesting and learned a few things.
 So far Ken has been everything right with the water drainage
on our property.

Once back home again we just about finished the brickwork.
Just have to cut some of the bricks to even things up.
Will take a picture to show you when it is completely finished.
๐Ÿšœ     ๐Ÿšœ
I had my first lesson on the tractor today.  I drove it up and down
the driveway and turned it around.
Learned how to raise and lower the front loader.
I was a bit nervous at first but felt more comfortable with it after
being on it for while.  We figured it was a good thing for me to learn
and at least know how to use the thing.
 Ken should have taken a picture of me.  Maybe next time.

Didn't feel like cooking supper so we went out to Perkins.

It's been a good day.
Hope your day was a good one too.
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

11 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

The frost tinged foliage is pretty. You know,I grew up on a farm but never really learned how to drive the tractor. Oh well,I've made it this far in life without that knowledge,so I think I'll be OK.

M.K. said...

Frost and 30 degrees! I'm glad you met your friend and had a productive day. It will be so good to get these outside projects finished before really cold weather sets in.

Tom said...

...when I had my nursery I would put a new man in a skid loader and have him drive around out back where there wasn't anything to hit.

Granny Marigold said...

Another full day for you. The frosty roadside is pretty.

Adam said...

The tractor sounds fun to me. Never drove a real one.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Oh Oh ... first frost. It was foggy here yesterday. Frost is on its way.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Pretty captures of the first frost. I am not sure if we had one yet. It is good that Ken has worked out the drainage around the house. Enjoy your day and weekend.

William Kendall said...

Well, we've had the first snow of the season, and frost is to be expected this time of year too. Lovely shots!

Vee said...

No pressure, but can we have a house tour, too? ๐Ÿ™ƒ Boy that frost looks cold. We have had one frost and one snowfall. I’ll stick with frost.

Lowcarb team member said...

Brrrr. Frost and 30 degrees!
It is getting cooler during the night here in the UK - but so far no frost!

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Congrats on your tractor lesson going well. Soon I'll have to try my skills on a riding lawn mower. Never done that before.