Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A walk, blue skies and a book

This morning I left for my walk at 7:45 and it was a warmer morning 
than it has been at 44 degrees.  A bit breezy at times.
Walked up and down the lane along our property up to one of our
neighbors house a couple of times.
Then down the hill and up to the top of another and back down again.
Passed up my street and walked to the main road along the brook.
Turned around and headed back home.
I don't find many coins along these country like I did in town
but today I found a penny.  🙂

It was another beautiful sunny day.
Ken was outside in the morning doing a bit of a cleanup
while I was inside getting my housework done.

Then late morning we headed down to the old house so I could
mow the lawn again.  I'm hoping this will be the last time this year.
I know I've said that a couple of times now.
BTW - still no interest in the house.  
It's been for sale over 3 months now.
Ken left me mowing the lawn while he went to the lumber
yard in town.

After lunch I worked on clearing more brush and dead fall
and making the natural wall.
I'm working my way up the side of the house by the garages
and nearing the back now.

Finished reading More Precious Than Gold
by John and Brenda Vaughn.
The Fiery Trial of a Family's Faith.
Brenda and her 2 year old daughter are both horribly burned
in a house fire.
Though parts of it were hard to read it is very good.

Now for a nice quiet evening at home.

A happy day to you.
happyone 💕

13 comments:

Tom said...

...gorgeous countryside in your neck of the woods.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

What a great little stream to live by. Your new walk is even prettier than your old one.

William Kendall said...

The creek is a welcome sight to see.

Hill Top Post said...

You are inspiring me to double the distance I walk. You came home with some gorgeous pictures today.

Dianna said...

Sounds like a lovely day. It was beautiful here, too. I'm sorry there is no interest being shown in your previous home. One day the Lord will have just the right people to come by and decide to buy it.

Happy@Home said...

The sights along your walk at the new house are so pretty. I especially like the 2nd photo with the green grass and farms in the distance. Lovely!
I am sorry to hear that your house sale is going slow. I just know the right buyer will come along as it is such a nice and well maintained home.
The book sounds interesting. I often read books like that even though they can be hard to read. I am inspired by how people deal with obstacles in their lives.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Really wonderful photos, Happyone.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely scenes and photos from your walk. We had a nice day yesterday, just a little breezy. Have a happy day!

Kerin said...

Beautiful pictures along your lovely walking route.

Sounds like a good book, though I imagine it would be a tear jerker.

Have a happy day.
~K.

Debby Ray said...

Looks like a beautiful day for a walk!

ellen b. said...

We've been clearing brush here, too. So much work for this upper 60's body of mine. My right thumb is not working well right now. The photos from your walk are beautiful!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Looks like a beautiful walk.
Coffee is on

Lowcarb team member said...

That does look like a lovely walk, I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

Sorry to read there is no interest being shown in your previous home, hoping that may change soon.

All the best Jan