Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Tomatoes

Walked into town this morning.  Didn't check the temperature but it
felt the same as the last few days in the mid 60's.
The sun came out but there were low hanging clouds around too.

Just walking down my road I counted 9 deer and heard a few more
snorting as I walked by.  Also 6 wild turkeys ran across the road.

Stopped in at the post office to drop off a Netflix down the slot and
then walked over to the old house to put the trash out.

Happy to say no dog lay in waiting for me today.

Before heading out of town I walked around one of the cemeteries.
 Lisa was out running this morning.

My neighbor stopped when he was driving down the hill as I was
walking up the hill to give me some of his home grown tomatoes.
Nice neighbor.  😊
Though now I had to walk up the very steep hill with an extra 8 pounds. 😊

Once again as I was just getting around the last curve to home I spotted
that calf out again.  He just doesn't want to stay in his pasture.
At least he's friendly.
Farmer Eugene was there getting him back again.

Walked 6.2 miles

🍏     🍎
Stayed in the house most of the morning getting some work done inside.
I joined Ken outside late morning as he was putting stones around the
fire pit out back and then we burned some piles of brush that
we had sitting back there.

I stayed inside in the afternoon but Ken was at the burn pile
all day. 

I didn't like how the peach and white Gingham pattern was turning out
on the weave-it baby blanket so I'm going to change the colors to blue and white.
I'll just use the peach weave-its for the next one.

We grilled hamburgers for supper and put some of those
tomatoes on our burgers.  Nothing like fresh home grown tomatoes.
We at supper again outside on the porch.

Hope you found the joy in your day.
Life is Good
happyone 💕

"Dawn-giddy birds chirp as if every morning is a special occasion.
Wise, wise, bird."
~ Terri Guillemets

16 comments:

Tom said...

...that sure is a mighty pretty sight to see!

ellen b. said...

Those deer snorts make me jump! 8 pounds of tomatoes...that's generous. :)
Oh that rebellious calf!

Granny Marigold said...

At this time of the year people are happy to share their extra produce. It's a kind thing to do.

Michelle said...

Much joy in my day. Went back to work and met up with wonderful young people and coworkers. You are right, nothing like a homegrown tomato.

Dianna said...

Your burger with home grown tomatoes sounds wonderful!

Ivy Green said...

I would be having at least one classic tomato sandwich.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love that first picture.There is almost a magical quality about it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos, Happyone. Best wishes.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty scenes and photos. I love the view of the pond. Tomatoes are yummy.
Enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

How fun to walk and see the animals. I would love some home grown tomatos. Thats something I never got my hands on this year. I usually have a friend or two give us some.
Lisa

Kerin said...

What a thoughtful neighbor to give you tomatoes. And yes.. homegrown tomatoes certainly do taste delicious on a grilled hamburger.

Have a happy day.
~K.

Debby Ray said...

Nothing like a great fresh tomato on a grilled burger...yum!

Ruta M. said...

Lovely sunny picture. That was kind of your neighbour. We're enjoying our home grown tomatoes especially the cherry tomatoes which taste delicious.

Adam said...

I haven't seen a wild turkey here in about two years

Vee said...

An extra 8 lbs of tomatoes? Oh joy! I know that you’ll enjoy them. I am paying 75¢ a tomato at my favorite farmstand. Had another tomato sandwich for lunch...yummo!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely pictures.
I so agree there is nothing like fresh home grown tomatoes.

All the best Jan