Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Cloud Man

Another sunset from the porch.
Cloud man rising.
Mid 60's again this morning and very still.  
Sunshine with some low hanging clouds.
Walked the Hilly Loop.

 Saw the man walk out of the big white house and stop to look at
something in his back yard.  As I walked passed I saw that he
stopped to watch a deer in his yard.
He told me that there was a crab apple tree there and the deer
stops every morning to eat some apples.  She doesn't run away anymore
when he walks out of the house.

Farther down the road this deer stopped long enough for me to
get a picture.  Not a very good one but I don't often see a male.
 Walked 5.2 miles
🦌     🦌
Ken worked on getting the garage sorted out.  He's hanging tools up
and making shelves and getting organized.

I saw Farmer Eugene out at the cattle guard feeding some of the cows ears of 
corn so I walked over to say hello. Thought I'd be neighborly.
I see him every morning to say hi but nice to have a little chat with him.
He has cows, heifers, and steers, 21 in all.

It was pretty warm today, one of the hottest of summer but
there was a nice breeze.
I sat on the front porch for part of the afternoon making weave-it squares.

It has been another fine day here around Happy Trails.

Hope you found the joy in your day.
Life is Good
happyone 💕

"Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness."
~ Pearl S Buck

19 comments:

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

How lovely to be so close to a deer and I love how he comes every day for his breakfast xx

Tom said...

...around here there is a bumper crop of wild apples, the deer will be enjoying them.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like the 'cloud man'. Also love those misty/foggy scenes.

Kerin said...

Wow! Great pictures!
Looks and sounds like a lovely day.

~K.

Adam said...

Aww, deer started to trust him.

Granny Marigold said...

I love the mist hanging over the land.
You got a good shot of the 'Cloud man'. He probably wasn't there for long.

Lisa said...

It took me a minute but I found the “cloud man”. Hahah. Too cute.
Lisa

Joyful said...

Beautiful photos. The cloud man is very cool. It sounds like your neighbour is neighbourly so that is nice too.

Carol W. said...

I like the cloud man peeking thru the trees, looks like he's waving hello! I'm so glad that you're both settling in well in your new home!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Amazing ... the first thing I saw is that cloud man rising. Great photo.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty sunrise and foggy scenes. Love the deer. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Debby Ray said...

Such beautiful scenes as you walk every morning! The landscape is very much like the area where we will be living at in TN. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Melanie said...

I'm fascinated with your "Cloud Man" photo! Amazing! How sweet to have a deer as a regular visitor. Would be fun.

Dianna said...

You certainly have beautiful places to walk there at Happy Trails, Karen. Love the cloud man picture!

Vee said...

Your Cloud Man looks like a Cloud Caveman and he is even carrying his club thanks to that tree rising right to his hand.

Does Ken enjoy the process of getting organized? I think I need more hooks in my garage.

And how are you doing getting things shipshape? I need to go back and get caught up and Imight find my answers.

Pretty pictures of your corner...

happyone said...

I wouldn't say Ken enjoys it but he will like when he knows where everything is.
Inside is done but I do keep making little changes here and there.

Cat Lover said...

Gorgeous photos as always Karen! Sounds like everything at your new home is going well!
Take care.

ellen b. said...

Love those misty shots!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the 'cloud man'.
Your other photographs of the misty/foggy scenes are great too.

All the best Jan