Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Feeding Deer

Didn't look at the thermometer this morning so don't know 
what the temperature was.  I'd guess high 50's.
It was foggy with a drizzly light rain.
Seems red gates caught my eye this morning.
Walked the Hilly Loop (5.2 miles)
Approaching the house on the bend that always has lots of deer
in the yard I saw why that is.
The man who lives there feeds them every morning and they are there
waiting for him.  I was later than usual this morning and met him.
Picture not that good but didn't want to get any closer because I'd
scare the deer away.  You can see two of them already looking at me.
They did run away and then I stopped to talk to the man.
His name is Kevin and he's been feeding the deer for over 20 years.
Started with just two doe and every year more come along.
Turns out his daughter Ashley is my neighbor!!
 I'm leaving my house between 6:45 and 7:00 now because the mornings are
getting darker and soon I'll have to leave even later.
When we lived in town I had the street lights but out here it is just too dark.

Nice to get out walking after missing a day.
😊
 Did morning chores around the house.

Afternoon came along and the rain left and it was just cloudy.
I baked a chocolate cake, made a few more squares, and did a little reading.

Went outside for a bit and watched Ken on the tractor.
He was working on the grading down at the bottom of the driveway.

Had pizza for supper at Brenda's.
We usually just get plain cheese but today we
splurged and got roasted red peppers on it.
Yummy
A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"Weave in faith and God will find the thread."
~unknown

10 comments:

William Kendall said...

The mist adds a lovely touch to things.

Tom said...

...the misty road shot is gorgeous. I'm not sure that feeding deer is a good thing.

Granny Marigold said...

I like roasted peppers on my pizza too. I roast them when they're cheap, slice them and keep them in the freezer. It's so handy.
Imagine that man feeding deer for 20 years. I'm sure the deer know him well and by now trust him at least as much as a wild animal trusts a human.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is so cool for someone to feed the deer. If I live out of town,I might well do that myself.

Lisa said...

The shot of the red gate is beautiful. I will not be long and I think you will be feeding deer. Haha.
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Getting dark early here in the evenings.

God bless.

Kerin said...

How thoughtful of that man to feed the deer.
We have a friend that feeds the deer also... turns out they love graham crackers!

Yep..it's getting darker in the am and pm here too.
We walk at dark o' thirty, so that my husband can get to work.
These days not only are we taking a flashlight, but protection as well, as our neighbor had a cougar kill a fawn in their backyard.

Have a happy day.

~K.

Melanie said...

I've noticed too that the days are getting shorter and it is darker in the morning. I love it that you see deer on your walks!

ellen b. said...

How nice to meet new neighbors!
I'm giving all the blogs I visit fair warning that I might be real scarce as we sort out internet in the country. It will be satellite and just not sure how it will work for blogging. Cheers.

Lowcarb team member said...

Cheese and roasted red peppers, such a good mix!

All the best Jan